User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Why do you rap?

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Why do you rap?

Curious to know, what got y'all started? What keeps you going? Is it just a hobby or are you trying to make it into a career?

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Re: Why do you rap?

The love of hip-hop. Been a fan of the music since I was 12, around 16/17 i thought why not give it a go, nearly 23 now and still going, still improving. If I could make a career out of it that would be dope, if not that's cool too.

Banned
    Battle Record
    4-7

I rap in hopes of not having to reply to another thread you make asking me for info about my life.

Everyday, dude.

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I rap in hopes of not having to reply to another thread you make asking me for info about my life.

Everyday, dude.
    I just made another thread in the lounge. lol.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sets me free. I get to say anything and evertything i want and have an outlet for my creativity! keep making music ya'll

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by Kdanger View Post
    Sets me free. I get to say anything and evertything i want and have an outlet for my creativity! keep making music ya'll
    Word. My music is me expressing myself openly. Like I tell my girl, there's shit that I won't come out and tell her right away that I might put down on paper before I tell her. Rapping is my outlet. Whether it's happy, sad, angry or just plain old dumb, it's my form of expression. Like, you can learn more about me from listening to my music than you can from actually talking to me lol. It's a gift and a curse at the same time.

A.i

Battle Record
    7-1

I make dope tracks I bang in the whip en route to work. Plus its interesting putting something together that didn't exist a moment ago

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

I find it fun to place words together in different combinations n see how they sound together.

also i find it good for rythem training.

I usually just freestyle bullshit to myself. cause its fun. why not, is what i say.

Its something you can do using the body as the medium to create music.

Beatboxing is another hobbie i enjoy. Again, you dont need anything to do it.

If you have a mouth n tongue, You can do it anywhere.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Message boards got me rapping. Lil Wayne, Eminem, Jay-Z, NaS. Yes, I know. Shock. LIL WAYNE got me rapping. I enjoyed his gangsterness back then. Now he's pathetic. He was also another reason I STOPPED rap for a while. What keeps me going? I honestly don't fucking know, because I'm ready to give this shit up. 13 years and I haven't made a name for myself. Ahhhh, They say it's never too late. Honestly, passion in music keeps me going. Born Sinner kept me going through when it came out. MMLP2 keeps me going to this day. Shit, even MCHG kept me going. What's keeping me going now? My team I guess. I just wanna get past this depressing album and fucking kill shit!

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflags View Post
    Message boards got me rapping. Lil Wayne, Eminem, Jay-Z, NaS. Yes, I know. Shock. LIL WAYNE got me rapping. I enjoyed his gangsterness back then. Now he's pathetic. He was also another reason I STOPPED rap for a while. What keeps me going? I honestly don't fucking know, because I'm ready to give this shit up. 13 years and I haven't made a name for myself. Ahhhh, They say it's never too late. Honestly, passion in music keeps me going. Born Sinner kept me going through when it came out. MMLP2 keeps me going to this day. Shit, even MCHG kept me going. What's keeping me going now? My team I guess. I just wanna get past this depressing album and fucking kill shit!
    Would you ever really quit though? Or just stop pursuing it as a career? I'm giving myself until I'm 30 to at least make what I make at my day job before I give it up and just consider music a hobby tbh.

A.i

I'm agreeing with you. Will I ever STOP completely? No. If I choose not to rap anymore, I will still be involved in music with producing and mixing/editing. I love music. I can't walk away from it now.