User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Somewhere

ReccA

Somewhere

Somewhere
    Somewhere there is pain and suffering plundering through the likes of mankind
    In fact to find somewhere where this not of presence is to find the heavens
    And I would advise any explorer to find him or herself in the midst of such bliss to check their pulse
    Somewhere there is a motherless child sitting in ear piercing silence
    Witnessing the violence and cruelty of human nature at its finest
    For he is the product of poverty and misfortune born into a predicament far beyond the touch of his youthful innocence
    Somewhere on the other side of the spectrum there is a man eating off of gold plates
    Quenching his thirst with only the best of 40 year old wines
    Thousands of useless pieces of paper wrapped around his wrist with the mere purpose of telling him the time
    He lays on his stomach reading the black and white chronicles as a spectator while a masseuse rubs in his ignorance
    You ask where this somewhere is and I will tell you here and now
    This is somewhere in the universe left alone in fear that the disease of ignorance that it carries will be spread to any who try to interact regardless of their intentions
    This is not somewhere on Earth, no, this somewhere is Earth...

Battle Record
    8-6
    kinda like a planet of the apes-ish twist at the end, i was really feeling this piece but i didnt like the end, it carried momentum and looked like it was going somewhere heavy but the train stopped at the track before greatness, its brilliance still shines though Recca respect, your gettin better, 1luv.
    Laying face down in the mainstream.
    Po.Ethics.

ReccA
    thanks for the reply DaNFamous...much appreciated....
    LP

Great peice....Shows that the shit we live through is not somehwere but rather here in front of us....Like the explorer line... Nice imagery and of course the ending was hott...like the work...Keep em going
    Grow Up

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Nice job, I was drawn in from the start and did not lift my eye's unit the end.

This is somewhere in the universe left alone in fear that the disease of ignorance that it carries will be spread to any who try to interact regardless of their intentions

^^I enjoyed this part, ignorance is a really scary issue, and you do a good job of pointing that out to your audience.

Overall, I enjoyed your entry,

My only critic would be that you could have been a bit more inventive or creative with the ending, but that is just my opinion. Great work, peace out and much respect....
    [
    Last edited by Bounce; July 23rd, 2003 at 11:47 AM

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ReccA
    appreciate the replies...

A thick pool of coconut scented cow manure.
    Battle Record
    2-2
    I most definetly dug what you were trying to do with this. The imagery was strong enough. Allowing the setting to be, er...set.

And you explored the 'issues' at hand fairly well.

But i also felt you were a bit too elaborate at times with the way you wrote. Maybe a bit loose at times too. And the ending could've been executed better.

Still a solid enough piece though.

..resp...
    I'm too secure to have a signature.

Oh.

ReccA
    thanks for the reply varentao....appreciated...
    LP

ReccA
    ZzZzZzZzZzZ........<snore, whistling beath>....ZzZzZzZzZ.............

-First Lady of RB- DaGyrlRemarqabL's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-0
    Damn. Excellent verse here. Moving, really.
    You did a great job with this, ReccA, the imagery and the smooth flow made it that much easier for the strong content to hit the reader.

>Somewhere there is a motherless child sitting in ear piercing silence
    Witnessing the violence and cruelty of human nature at its finest

The imagery in those two lines just stunned me. Really well written.
    This was an overall excellent drop, I really enjoyed reading it.
    I dont agree with the person before me who said there was a "twist" at the end, however..cuz its obvious from the first few lines that this "somewhere" is earth. Sadly enough.
    Nice writez.
    Stay up. pz.
    P U R E

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RemarqabL

ReccA
    Thanx DaGyrl....much appreciated....
    LP