User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Edirol UA-101 Audio Interface..

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: Edirol UA-101 Audio Interface..

Presonus makes pretty good products, and their current "Fire" line-up is strong... I use the Inspire (entry-level) strictly for recording vocals and it came with Cubase LE... the interface itself works excellent, is simple to use, and has been trouble free... Cubase LE is a lot more intuitive than I expected, and has had no problems working with multiple plug-ins, I use the Waves Diamond bundle... I can guesstimate that the "grown up" Presonus products are very good as well...

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    probably cubase le

i would get it and use cubase sx3, or nuendo 3 with it tho... cubase 4 isnt stable yet.

the RME f800 costs $1500 USD ed
    lucky me i have a friend working in a market that sells equipment to ''music shops'' etc.
    ( whats its called?? warehouse for shops or w/e, you get the point ;p)
    i can buy cheap via him, no tax etc. and buy in prizes.. and on zzzounds its like 1100$ atm.. the RME f800..

obviously the edirol doenst cut it, so i have to look in another prize range or towards the same prize range as the edirol but than with a product that does ''cut it'' going to look in to the differences of the RME & the Presonus to see if its really make a that big of a difference in what i am going to use it for.. both are good candidates i think though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Artificial Intelligence

Battle Record
    3-2

We use em in my college in the Cubase lab... theyre ight. If you wanna record through it Id suggest an M-Audio firewire solo... its a tiny bit cheaper and although both clasim to do 192k I have personal experience that the M-Audio firewire allows a better recording. This is probably because it has better A/D convertors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

probably cubase le

i would get it and use cubase sx3, or nuendo 3 with it tho... cubase 4 isnt stable yet.

the RME f800 costs $1500 USD ed
    Cubase 4 is almost fine... its not as bad as Windows Vista (lol)... actually I dont think anything is.
    Dont get Cubase LE. Thats fucking unstable. I was using it today (I got stuck with the last PC... the only 1 that doesnt run SL3/4. Its soooooooo fucking annoying. Sometimes the snap doesnt work when douplicating loops. It also doesnt have a lot of the stuff that SL3 has like the time-shift which Cubase isnt bad for (Pro Tools is better and Ive heard of a plugin that does it very professionally). LE is free I think but he'll be able to get a crack copy of SL3 for free or maybe $5 on ebay... if not Ill send him it for $5.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

he wants to record instruments. He's lookig for multiple inputs. I'd pick between the M-Audio 1814 (which I have and love), PreSous Firestudio (Which I've used and like a lot so far), RME Fireface 400 or 800 (which I haven't used but everyone raves about).

Battle Record
    5-3

the firewire solo is a shitbox

based solely off the fact that the headphone gain knob is fused to the master gain.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Edicius View Post
    lucky me i have a friend working in a market that sells equipment to ''music shops'' etc.
    ( whats its called?? warehouse for shops or w/e, you get the point ;p)
    i can buy cheap via him, no tax etc. and buy in prizes.. and on zzzounds its like 1100$ atm.. the RME f800..

obviously the edirol doenst cut it, so i have to look in another prize range or towards the same prize range as the edirol but than with a product that does ''cut it'' going to look in to the differences of the RME & the Presonus to see if its really make a that big of a difference in what i am going to use it for.. both are good candidates i think though.
    also look at the RME Multiface, the Mackie Onyx 400F, and the Echo Layla G
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Forgot about Echo. They're like an obscure company now lol. I worked with that interface in a studio in Baltimore. Great interface. The Mackie onyx would be great if you could use it in any of your damn programs.

Battle Record
    3-2

the firewire solo is a shitbox

based solely off the fact that the headphone gain knob is fused to the master gain.
    Its ok for the price... better than the Edirol anyways. M-Audio make good interfaces though so yeh the 1814 is kool

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27

also look at the RME Multiface, the Mackie Onyx 400F, and the Echo Layla G
    the Onyx, i was really hyped about that one.. the multiface i will look into and the Layla G is like a updated version of the 24 right?

- Artificial Intelligence