Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Soundcard/Audio Interface For Laptop AND Desktop...

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-1

Soundcard/Audio Interface For Laptop AND Desktop...

I do my group work on a laptop and my solo work on a laptop so I'm wondering...is the "M-Audio Mobile Pre" the best I can get for under $200?
    Latest Open Mic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-3
    you should be good with something like that, until you can afford to upgrade to a more high quality interface.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain
    you should be good with something like that, until you can afford to upgrade to a more high quality interface.
    Thanks for the reply.

http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm

Is this a good deal and how are the mics? Right now, I'm getting an audio interface and I'm planning on saving up for a new mic but I need a decent quality mic to hold me over for a bit. Should this do it?
    Latest Open Mic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-0
    Umm, that's just a link to the homepage? How much are you willing to spend on a microphone?
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am..
    Umm, that's just a link to the homepage? How much are you willing to spend on a microphone?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dle?sku=241103

That should work.

I'd say 120 bucks or so.
    Latest Open Mic

Battle Record
    1-1
    Bump.
    Latest Open Mic

Battle Record
    2-0
    Umm, you gave me a link to some sort of M-Audio recording bundle worth $300.. How are you buying somthing worth $300 when you've only got $120..

The Marshall MXL 993 microphones that come with the bundle are mainly used for instrument recording, so I woulden't really recommend them..

Anyway, $120 is like middle ground for decent microphones..Like, I mean, you can save another like $30 and try to cop a Rode NT1-A from e-bay..or you could keep the $20 and get a AT2020 for $100.
    Last edited by I Am..; June 24th, 2006 at 09:34 AM
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am..
    Umm, you gave me a link to some sort of M-Audio recording bundle worth $300.. How are you buying somthing worth $300 when you've only got $120..

The Marshall MXL 993 microphones that come with the bundle are mainly used for instrument recording, so I woulden't really recommend them..

Anyway, $120 is like middle ground for decent microphones..Like, I mean, you can save another like $30 and try to cop a Rode NT1-A from e-bay..or you could keep the $20 and get a AT2020 for $100.
    No, no, no, I have 150 for audio interface and 120 for mic and I could prolly chip up another 30 bucks (so about 300 TOTAL), that's why I showed the bundle because if them mic were good, I coulda done it all in one piece, y'know?

I was thinking of the Rode NT1-A, I'll save up some more. Thanks, man. Really appreciate it.

Latest Open Mic

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    see the interface is gonna kill you. there arent any decent interfaces for less than $300.

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas Il
    No, no, no, I have 150 for audio interface and 120 for mic and I could prolly chip up another 30 bucks (so about 300 TOTAL), that's why I showed the bundle because if them mic were good, I coulda done it all in one piece, y'know?

I was thinking of the Rode NT1-A, I'll save up some more. Thanks, man. Really appreciate it.

Opey took the words out of my mouth..you are not going to find a decent interface for less then $300. If you've got $300 for an entire set-up then you shoulden't be buying the Rode..It's a great microphone, but its going to put a huge dent in your budget..

For $300 you could get a full set-up that would give you decent sound.

Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    see the interface is gonna kill you. there arent any decent interfaces for less than $300.
    Well, I'm willing to keep saving up, this is just all I have so far. What interface would be good to use on both a laptop AND a desktop?
    Latest Open Mic

Battle Record
    2-0
    There are interfaces made for laptops and interfaces made for desktops.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    M-Audio Firewire 1814 is awesome. It has like a $600 price tag but you can get it off ebay for about $350 with a small effort. it's well worth it. It's excellent for desktops and laptops because it doesnt require a power cord.

Battle Record
    1-1
    I'll look on eBay for the Firewire 1814 and then I'll start saving up for the Rode NT1-A. Thanks for the help, Opey and I Am...
    Latest Open Mic