User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Some more fucked up shit

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Some more fucked up shit

Posted January 29, 2004 – When a Florida juvenile cried for help because he was experiencing excruciating pain, two nurses ignored his pleas for medical attention of which he later died from a ruptured appendix, a grand jury concluded Tuesday.

A grand jury, which called the incident “tragic” and “preventable,” has charged Gaile Tucker Loperfido and Dianne Marie Demeritte with manslaughter and third-degree murder in the death of Omar Paisley. If the two are convicted of the June 9, 2003 death they could face 30 years in prison.

The grand jury also presented a 50-page report criticizing the Miami-Dade Juvenile Detention Center for a complete “lack of humanity demonstrated” by corrections staff. The probe also revealed a juvenile system that is poorly administered and despairingly underfunded, The Miami Herald reported.

“When a child dies of an easily treatable illness, it's a tragedy. The members of this grand jury agree, and they see it as far more than that. They call it a crime, ” said State Attorney Katherine Fernández Rundle.

Paisley’s mother, Cherry Williams, told the Herald that the indictments had brought her little comfort and that, “there is nothing to feel happy about, because nothing can bring[Omar] back.”

The grand jury report details the weekend in which Paisley suffered tremendous pain: On Saturday, Loperfido saw Paisley at 2:15 and again on 9 a.m. Sunday; Loperfido created deceptive medical logs and never took the proper medical tools to examine Paisley; on Monday around 5:30 p.m., Terry Mixon, the lone correctional officer overseeing 20 juveniles that day, frantically called for medical attention.

But for an hour and a half, the report says, there was no response until Demeritte “finally made her way” to the cell. She also stated “she had a child at home and did not wish to contaminate her child with Omar's virus.”

The detainees of the correction facility testified that the Demeritte was “laughing” on the phone with her supervisor as she requested an ambulance. The report says at 9:01 p.m. a nurse finally called for paramedics. Paisley would be pronounced dead at 9:43 p.m.

Melvin Black, an attorney for Demeritte, declined to comment while Loperfido's attorney, Richard B. Marx, told the Herald, “We are going to defend this vigorously, and my client is absolutely not guilty
    Last edited by Gunman tha Great; February 5th, 2004 at 05:25 PM

I'm Roman Catholic Lord Sarcasm's Avatar
    Battle Record
    13-3
    It was long..but I viewed over it..and wish I read it..because my friend went to juve..and won't talk of it (musta had a butt buddy!)
    WordPerfect

yeah..thats fucked up..but I bet he always ,made problems and sounds and shit..and they prolly thought he was playin..but they still could have checked to camera ..

I don't give a fuck if he yelled 'I'm dying' every 30 minutes, they should've at least checked on em instead of talking on tha damn phone laughing and shit, i don't think they should get 30 years and they probably won't but they should be punished.

You've Earned a Custom Title! ~HoTTie~'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    31-18
    Thats Bad....They Should Get The Same Punishment.

Lock Them In The Room With A Bunch Of Trantulas ....Hear Them Scream While They Get Bitten.

Wtf? Hottie?..you're Cruel..and Gunman..i Said They Should Have Checked On Him..stop Tryin To Correct Me Hoe

dirtyendzone
    A lot of bad shit happens in florida. This is unnacceptable.

Soft Focus
    Battle Record
    23-10
    dirtyendzone<Is gunna be banned...lol

but thoses nurses should be locked away for atleast 20 years
    Soft Focus

...The Return Of The Legends...

Battle Record
    82-30
    Awards 75+ Wins
    thats how we get down in FLorida..

what the problem is?

shit, i live in florida and i aint want no nurse fuckin forsakin my life thats bullshit..and lmao at that last line how the fuck they gon plea not guilty its so obvious what happened thats fuckin stupid..this case will be over faster than twista spits..

Battle Record
    28-14
    Awards WOP Champion
    fucked up
    its completely the nurses fault
    and it sickens me when people like that think they can appeal against their sentence
    when its blindingly obvious they were to blame for the neglect of the kid
    You need Ghost Dog in your DVD collection

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it's a bold statement - the new youtube

Induelz
    Thats Really Fucked.

Battle Record
    8-87
    really fucked up!!!!!!!!!!