User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: My Shoping List

Battle Record
    11-3

My Shoping List

OK these are things I plan on adding some of these things are not for sure just Ideas fiddling with see what you guys think about this.

Motif 6 61 key Music Productions Synthisizer $1,500
    BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer $180
    Antares Vocal Producer $370
    Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra -Curve Pro Mastering Processer $300
    DOD SR231QXLR Graphic EQ $110
    Art Tub MP Studio V3 Mic PreAmp $100
    PreSonus Tube Pre Mic Preamp $100
    Art TPS II 2 Channel Variable Impedence Tube Pre Amp $180
    Behringer PX2000 Ultra Patch Pro PatchBay - 2 of them $40 each
    Roland DS 30A Digital Reference Montor $180
    MXL 990 Cardioid Condesir Mic With Shock Mount $60
    Sennheiser 835 Dynamic Mic 3 pack $200
    Behringer B-2 Pro Condser mic $150
    Behringer XM8500 3 mic pack $60
    Shure Pg58 - XLR Dynamic Mic $60
    Yamaha MG16/6 FX 16 input 6 bus mixer with DSP $380
    Phase 88 Computer Recording system $300 or
    1212M Master Level Recording system $200

Ok this is around 4300 dollars
    have any of you used or own any of these Products and what do you think about them. Im trying to assmeble a recording studio Not just a computer and mic. I already Have a decent set up but you can always add stuff so im looking at these and want some feedback on things before I buy them. thanks Holla back Peace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

why do u need so many mics??? why not just get 1 good as mic, 1 good ass pre, ur production hardware, some software n shit...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    11-3
    oh the reason I wanna get diffrent mic is for a few reason.
    1 if others come over I can get the best sounding mic for the voice I can.
    2 and the more of the reason I want more than one mic and a chose of diffrent ones if I want to record INstruments or vocals from a number of people or a few amabince style mics set away from the vocalist and one in front or 2 in front this way I can get the fullist pure sound possible and if I dont like one I can always take it out.

well that is more than 2 but you get the Idea. and its always a good Idea to have extra mics if one breaks or whatever. Im Trying to build a more studio style step up than just a mic and sound card like alot of cats. not sayin I cant do good stuff now but I always want more. anyways any Ideas on the componets them selfs would be great thanks Peace

Soul-Full
    Your supposed to buy numerous mics. But if you are going to spend THAT much money why are you short changing the two most vital parts of the recording chain:

1.) pre-amp

2.) Mic

im slightly confused.

Battle Record
    5-3
    im still trying to grasp why you need so many cheap preamps and cheap mics... you should consider quality over quantity...your seriously shortchanging yourself with a budget of almost 5 Gs...you can have so much better.
    Welcome to reality.

i hope your plannin on running a studio...b/c i see you sellin alot of that shit after 6months...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Motif 6 61 key Music Productions Synthisizer $1,500
    get the motif rack and a full 88 key midi controller. itll be cheaper and youll like it a hell of a lot more

Antares Vocal Producer
    Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra -Curve Pro Mastering Processer
    DOD SR231QXLR Graphic EQ
    You'll like software plugins better for this stuff. You can get better quality plugins cheaper and you don't have to work in realtime. There is also absolutely no need for a million EQs. Normally studios end up with a lot of gear from accumulation of upgrades over the years. you dont need all this gear for anything.

Art Tub MP Studio V3 Mic PreAmp
    PreSonus Tube Pre Mic Preamp
    Art TPS II 2 Channel Variable Impedence Tube Pre Amp
    Buy a good preamp. you dont need 80 cheap ones. I recommend getting the Digi002R or the Digi002 mixer if you're gonna be using multiple mics. Youll be able to control every channel of the mixer separately onboard and thru the software. you wont have this capability with the Yamaha MG16/6.

Sennheiser 835 Dynamic Mic 3 pack $200
    Behringer B-2 Pro Condser mic $150
    Behringer XM8500 3 mic pack $60
    Shure Pg58 - XLR Dynamic Mic $60
    You need 2 high quality condensor mics for different vocal range and a couple decent dynamic mics for ambience etc. Don't get any of the mics on your list.

Roland DS 30A Digital Reference Montor
    Save for good monitors.

Phase 88 Computer Recording system $300 or
    1212M Master Level Recording system $200
    you wont need either one of these with the digi. I wouldnt recommend either one of these regardless.

BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
    Behringer PX2000 Ultra Patch Pro PatchBay
    what do you need these for?

So basicly get nothing on your list at all. Most of the stuff you dont even need and the other stuff is cheap. Heres whays on my studio list that compares to what youre looking for...

Digi 002R Music Production System
    Neumann TLM 103 Mic
    Yamaha Motif-Rack 1U Tone Generator
    Studiologic TMK-88 MIDI Controller
    Mackie HR624 Active Studio Monitor
    Mackie HR624 Active Studio Monitor

The Total price on this gear is about $4200. It sounds like you would need the Digi 002 mixer, which is $1000 more, instead of the rack mount. There is other gear I would recommend that is on my studio list such as...

Avalon VT737SP Compressor. I find it better to compress vocals in real time and a hardware compressor is one of the only process/effect components that I reccomend over a software plugin. This is mostly because it's easier to control and adjust while working on a project.

Also if you're planning on working with more than one midi controller like I do, you will want the Edirol UM-880 8x8 USB MIDI Interface. It's not necessary to use with your PC. It works great as a stand alone device for routing your different midi components.

Hope this helps...

Battle Record
    11-3
    thanks good lookin out...