User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Contender's Match - Cody Nash (5-1) vs Mimic (3-2) Mimic wins.

You'll get the point... Phalanx's Avatar
    Battle Record
    19-1
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner FL Champion

Contender's Match - Cody Nash (5-1) vs Mimic (3-2) Mimic wins.

Rules[/center]

Due Dates:

Verses are due Friday and will be open until Sunday.
    Battles that lack votes may close later.
    One sided battles may get closed early.
    Extensions are 24 hours

Line Limit:

Minimum of 10, maximum of 16 (unless higher limit agreed upon)
    If not agreed upon, second drop must match length of the first.

Check ins are mandatory. Also, swaying/biting/recycling is a DQ.

FAILURE TO VOTE ON OTHER BATTLES IS A DQ. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE!!! YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. VOTE ON OTHER BATTLES OR YOU LOSE. SIMPLE!

@Cody Nash @Mimic
    Last edited by Phalanx; January 31st, 2022 at 07:16 PM

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Re: Contender's Match - Cody Nash (5-1) vs Mimic (3-2)

Back at it again

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

horror buffs would pay to see this nag beat tho, just grab the popcorn and Cheetos..
    Cause it figures a dude named mimic’s a bigger pest than the giant half-human mosquito
    I take bits of time between shit at work…so I’m paid hourly to defeat foes
    But I’ll still bake you in 30 minutes like I was payin’ respects to meatloaf
    This chap’ll get rocked, even an old school punishment won’t enlighten his flaws
    put your passion on the line?? I guess if it’s to completely destroy you by firing squad
    His folk think we’re all Joe Dirt…but this ignorant American’ll drop y’all
    I’ll take the underhanded approach…cause I assumed people from the UK only play softball
    new fads got him in rap fatigue, no tracks for decades - and a fear for millennials
    But if I know my history?? last anybody said “Yasss, King Daniel!” was in 1200’s Ruthenia

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Homie all talk. four eyes claim he's w/ gang but never shoot though
    till mim roll up & put those bands on his head like he auditioning for Naruto
    Nerd ur nothin' unique, another jobless fat FB rapper trapped in the gutter
    u'd sell ur soule for fast cash.. since we know u two bitchs be pimpin each other
    it's like ur proud to run a dyin' forum, in ur late 30's? that aint normal here
    there's so many things wrong w/ u Code it got GoW questioning his scriptin career
    In his prime.. dope. but since the name change ur not the same talented dude,
    Maddie Mccann. u took ThatKid out & had everyone wondering wtf happened to u
    Postin' vids on the road spittin'. I tried watchin' & nearly died of boredom
    "Traffic Bars"
    yet still not as congested as that fat wife of urs who produces beats for em
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Battle Record
    3-17

horror buffs would pay to see this nag beat tho, just grab the popcorn and Cheetos..
    Cause it figures a dude named mimic’s a bigger pest than the giant half-human mosquito
    not big on this
    same
    This chap’ll get rocked, even an old school punishment won’t enlighten his flaws
    put your passion on the line?? I guess if it’s to completely destroy you by firing squad
    same
    I’ll take the underhanded approach…cause I assumed people from the UK only play softball
    nah it's called cricket.. an same
    new fads got him in rap fatigue, no tracks for decades - and a fear for millennials
    But if I know my history?? last anybody said “Yasss, King Daniel!” was in 1200’s Ruthenia
    i guess you weren't feeling it...

bangs would have worked... decent punch tho
    u'd sell ur soule for fast cash.. since we know u two bitchs be pimpin each other
    a lil weak.. decent try for a personal
    there's so many things wrong w/ u Code it got GoW questioning his scriptin career
    this is in the air.. dont know GoW to well... but yeah Code/script
    if said live this would be dope.. soso on paper
    "Traffic Bars"
    don't get this

i cant believe i'm saying this but Mimic just brought a better verse than Cry...fresher concepts with a decent rhyme scheme.. definitely one of Mimic's better verses

vote-Mimic
    pc
    aka Sorrow: the Broken Wing

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Re: Contender's Match - Cody Nash (5-1) vs Mimic (3-2) Open for Votes.

vs

decent battle. maybe its preference but overall i had mimic taking this comfortably with more consistent and harder hitting punches

v/ mimic

Battle Record
    19-1
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Nash View Post
    I had to google the reference. I like the idea, but feel like it could have been flipped a lil better. Decent jab though.
    Okay jab.
    I liked this. Solid jab.
    I wasn't big on this.
    Not feeling this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
    Nice opener.
    Light jab.
    Seen alot of Code/Cody/Scripting flips in my day. This didnt do it for me.
    Fire.
    "Traffic Bars"
    [B]Light jab at best.
    Solid match up. Nash lead with some decent jabs, and kind of stumbled at the end. Mimic whiffed with his second bar, but had the two best bats w/ the Naruto & Maddie McCann concepts. This was competitive, but I got Mimic here.

Vote - Mimic

Kangaroo Danger Dude
    Awards LLL HOF LLL Champion

OKish. Basic wp/punch combo. Technically sound bar. Set up was cool
    OK. Creative-ish flip I suppose. The wp & punch are light but it's executed adequately
    Same as the previous bars. Although I felt like the wp/flip connection was a bit more tenuous here
    I like the wp concept here. Could have been executed more harshly
    But if I know my history?? last anybody said “Yasss, King Daniel!” was in 1200’s Ruthenium
    Nah this came off pretty corny to me

Ha I just did a 'band on his head' line last week. This would've hit for me otherwise but I beat you to it suckaaaa
    Cool. Set up was punchy too.
    there's so many things wrong w/ u Code it got GoW questioning his scripting career
    Cool. Wp would have been cleaner without the 'u' - just "so many things wrong w/ Code" would be better. Solid np bar
    Niiiice. Very slick np/punch combo
    "Traffic Bars"
    Looks like some personals I don't fully get here but I can infer enough to see this is pretty good.

Mimic got it. The Maddie McCann bar was easily lotb and everything else was pretty cool. Cody had some ideas but wasn't on the same level here[/b]
    3TC

It's just like that Justice Grimm's Avatar
    Battle Record
    10-5

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Nash View Post
    I like the idea, direct hit but kinda basic execution
    Ehh not sure on this one, basic concept
    Decent, but the wording suffered a little more on this one than the last couple
    I actually think the concept here is pretty clever, but I feel like it stumbled at the end… the assumption part softens the blow here
    Sorry man not feeling this one
    Vs

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
    Good opener, not a heavy hit but I dig it
    Not bad. Might be nitpicking but I still remember Phal’s soule flip so it doesn’t feel as fresh as it could, but wording is clean
    All right
    Damn this one is clean
    "Traffic Bars"
    Closer is weaker than the rest of your verse here
    I have Mimic with this one. Both had good verses, not a lot of outright misses but a lot of Cry’s hits didn’t seem to quite land clean, while Mimic had a couple that were harder and then Maddie McCann which was fire.

V/Mimic

Battle Record
    19-1

Mimic wins 5-0.