User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Blackflags - Spaced Out (Produced by Jmin)

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Re: Blackflags - Spaced Out (Produced by Jmin)

This reminds me of some of those super baked Wiz Khalifa songs... where its almost more of a gimmick than a solid song... but then you also had a decent verse in there at one point.

Yeah... you're super ADHD... but cool to see you try something new.

You're sounding nasally though man... you gotta deviated septum over there?
    AI

Vibe is cool, pretty laid back. Can smoke to it. Not my type of shit but you did your thing for sure though. Dope track overall tho fam. Keep it up.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Man, I have so many things to say about this. I've listened to it a few times now and want to give some thoughts and just never found the right time.
    Thing is sound cloud isn't letting me pause the song as I go idk why.
    Ok, on to this.
    I think you did a great job conveying obvious spaced out atmosphere and theme through the piece and that allows the listener to connect to the airiness of it and travel for a while, its a nice flight. The elongated, stretched, zoned out words add to it; that vocal drag was good - intonation falls right, it works well. I like the pace. I'm not an expert in audio, but I know what I like and don't like. Just saying my opinion which means jack lol
    Not big on the chorus, not because of the wording, loved NASA, and spaced out,
    all the lyrics, just the delivery fell flat imo, idk why, could be me, is it the cord? Idk.
    I don't want middle of the road when everything else works so well.
    The rest is exceptional. The drag on the words is sensational and adds to the spaced out vibe.
    You got a good partner; you mesh with the picture and story you wanna tell - that's evident.
    I hear no other obvious dents or breaths or anything that stand out to annoy me.
    Loved the intro, sounded a bit like breathing, it went longer than I thought, added bonus when a surprise pays off. Also I like that beginning bit That shit is crazy (that's what I heard it as) was a nice addition and unexpected.
    Lyrics wise, id have to pick it apart to go down the rabbit hole but as it stands,
    the lyrics/poetry backed up the track and the delivery proved it. Top notch.
    @Jmin, Nice job producing this. Smooth talented creativity; evident. The quirks in the music were great. I like it when risks pay off. I believe its a testament to being true to yourself and not falling into the trap of creating for an audience. It sounds authentic and that's where 'we the people' connect. Vulnerability pays off. Choosing a different route pays off sometimes...

Einstein: "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."

This song maybe be influenced by past decades of inspiration but there's a freshness to it which is alive.
    Love that first verse. Great wording, brilliant.'Lately I've been dealing with stress' ... like,
    who the fuck hasn't right? And that 'YES' was gorgeous. The verse I'm listening to sounds uniform and streamline.
    I'm impressed by the lyrics. Not showy but to the point: it hits the mark because I relate.
    Now on to the rap, Niiiiiiiice.
    I'll tell you off the bat what I like here; The edge. You've got a nice edge happening in this.
    The way you interrupted with 'Man' and then started spitting, sounded gutsy, energetic, spirited, believable delivery - Gold. That's passion. Also, I admire the speed you're spitting at and the rhymes. Back to backing them, adding layers that up the performance. And not hollow fillers but relatable words. Nice emphasis on certain words, intonation - bingo.
    You've set the mood beautifully by following through.
    I think this is really good quality art and entertaining to listen to.

Top job fellas,

Thank you
    Last edited by Emily; February 7th, 2022 at 03:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Man, I have so many things to say about this. I've listened to it a few times now and want to give some thoughts and just never found the right time.
    Thing is sound cloud isn't letting me pause the song as I go idk why.
    Ok, on to this.
    I think you did a great job conveying obvious spaced out atmosphere and theme through the piece and that allows the listener to connect to the airiness of it and travel for a while, its a nice flight. The elongated, stretched, zoned out words add to it; that vocal drag was good - intonation falls right, it works well. I like the pace. I'm not an expert in audio, but I know what I like and don't like. Just saying my opinion which means jack lol
    Not big on the chorus, not because of the wording, loved NASA, and spaced out,
    all the lyrics, just the delivery fell flat imo, idk why, could be me, is it the cord? Idk.
    I don't want middle of the road when everything else works so well.
    The rest is exceptional. The drag on the words is sensational and adds to the spaced out vibe.
    You got a good partner; you mesh with the picture and story you wanna tell - that's evident.
    I hear no other obvious dents or breaths or anything that stand out to annoy me.
    Loved the intro, sounded a bit like breathing, it went longer than I thought, added bonus when a surprise pays off. Also I like that beginning bit That shit is crazy (that's what I heard it as) was a nice addition and unexpected.
    Lyrics wise, id have to pick it apart to go down the rabbit hole but as it stands,
    the lyrics/poetry backed up the track and the delivery proved it. Top notch.
    @Jmin, Nice job producing this. Smooth talented creativity; evident. The quirks in the music were great. I like it when risks pay off. I believe its a testament to being true to yourself and not falling into the trap of creating for an audience. It sounds authentic and that's where 'we the people' connect. Vulnerability pays off. Choosing a different route pays off sometimes...

Einstein: "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."

This song maybe be influenced by past decades of inspiration but there's a freshness to it which is alive.
    Love that first verse. Great wording, brilliant.'Lately I've been dealing with stress' ... like,
    who the fuck hasn't right? And that 'YES' was gorgeous. The verse I'm listening to sounds uniform and streamline.
    I'm impressed by the lyrics. Not showy but to the point: it hits the mark because I relate.
    Now on to the rap, Niiiiiiiice.
    I'll tell you off the bat what I like here; The edge. You've got a nice edge happening in this.
    The way you interrupted with 'Man' and then started spitting, sounded gutsy, energetic, spirited, believable delivery - Gold. That's passion. Also, I admire the speed you're spitting at and the rhymes. Back to backing them, adding layers that up the performance. And not hollow fillers but relatable words. Nice emphasis on certain words, intonation - bingo.
    You've set the mood beautifully by following through.
    I think this is really good quality art and entertaining to listen to.

Top job fellas,

Thank you
    This is honestly the best feedback I have ever received on a song. This goes to show that you don't have to be someone who creates to be an expert or well versed in the type of creation. You have said and offered more to me than ANY other audio head has ever on this forum. And that isn't a diss to them, it's just truth. So for the chorus, I do always feel like I could have done better with it. My falsetto was pretty flat and the primary chords were generally flat as well.

As for the beginning, it's me saying "Jmin's shit is crazy". So TL;DR version of that is Ben (Jmin) hit me up one day and asked me to record him a tag for his beats. That was it. NOW, when I make a song to his beats, I ALWAYS include that tag.

This was explained so beautifully. I am very humbled. Thank you so much!

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

I thank you so much for your words. They're very much appreciated : )
    I found something you said interesting so I hope you don't mind if I respond.

Regarding the chorus, with respect, your words were ...

So for the chorus, I do always feel like I could have done better with it.
    My falsetto was pretty flat and the primary chords were generally flat as well.

If 'you' feel that, 'some' will too. If you hear that, some will too. If you doubt that, some will too.
    If its nagging you, it'll nag some too. If its not sitting right with you, it wont sit right with some, too.
    It doesn't matter who 'some' are. What matters is you listening to your intuition and having faith in that.
    If you felt powerful confidence with the rest of the song, the audience felt powerful confidence too.
    If you felt doubt with the chorus, some in the audience felt that too.

We're never alone. We feel art. We see and feel your strengths and weaknesses just like you do. Writers write to connect.
    So if you're feeling somethings not right, some are gonna feel somethings not right too.
    Just clearing the path a little when frustration arises; keep working on it till its the same calibre with the rest that you 'love'.
    Save it till its perfect: to respect its integrity, (especially when it's this good) cause I know a lot of work went into it and quite simply it deserves it. You've got it (the talent to polish a little dust off any part of a song, let alone the chorus) so you can give it the credit it deserves and then it'll give you that credit back ten fold. Sometimes we give up because we're tired,
    recorded over and over and we're tired, so because of that I heard a (slightly) tired chorus.
    BUT I know what you meant to do, and it did work tbh, just not 100% like the rest of the song. I know you wanted a spaced out feeling in the chorus, projection and the like, and I felt it for the most part in the chorus, honestly it had good Rembrandts of that vibe, but I wanted to 'believe it'.
    It's harder to believe it though when you believe.....
    I could have done better... and
    My falsetto was pretty flat and
    the primary chords were generally flat...

You believed the rest of that amazing delivery, as did I.
    You didn't believe that bit I quoted above though, so, either did I.
    And that's the way it works imo.

One more thing: You said ...

...Ben (Jmin) hit me up one day and asked me to record him a tag for his beats. That was it. NOW, when I make a song to his beats, I ALWAYS include that tag.

Respect. Love it.

Pleasure meeting you Blackflags

Thank you again.
    Last edited by Emily; February 12th, 2022 at 11:05 PM Reason: Reason for Editing? But I mean, why do you always need to know - busy body pft'

man, im telling u id appreciate the chance to collab on a few tracks, search nick blais
    spaced out remix on the way , lemme know, good work tho regardless

Bismillah-ir-Rahman

Greetings,

First, this is dope. I fuck this a lot. It has content meaning and a message. I am always high tho. I could be partial to this type of music. The production is amazing on this. very clear and well leveled up. Mind you this is the type of Hip Hop I fux with but I can appreciate quality street music. (DJ Drama face)

Second, I respect your artistry very much. I am more of a simple is more guy that tries to spit differently and produce beats differently. That's me though. That has nothing to do with the replay value, or your ability to create quality music. It's a personal preference.

Finally, thanks for sharing, I will definitely take time out of my day to listen to the music you post in the future. Just to see what you do next. I wish you nothing but continued success. Thanks for everything you do for RB as well. I use to battle here over 10 years go, but didn't remember my old log in when I came back. Shout out Big Keeb lol.

Bong, Bong