User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: anyone left ?

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: anyone left ?

@Word z_ahgod I would love a league again - we lucky we even have a moderator these days
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

if i genuinely thought i could host a league and people would actually show up, i would be all in to host it

buts its just not a reality.

Even the last SS league that i hosted years ago when people were actually here and posting lost so much traction after week 4 that I just pushed that fucker into playoffs . . . still couldn't get enough votes and activity to finish it and we all just killed the season.

I will keep coming back just to keep up with certain people and make sure bots aren't ruling the roost... but one day soon i'm going to delete this site and every site like it out of memory and that will be that for good old Nohbody

***yea, im douchey enough to refer to myself in the 3rd person, fight me!***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

every time you trust certain individuals they give up and end up promoting another site.

every time, never fails.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

It's the same thing that keeps being suggested for the past decade.

It's not so much RB as it is the entire forum platform. It's old - that's the reality.

We're 30/40 year old's with kids, families, mortgages, work, and all that adulting shit.

Like... it's been made PAINFULLY clear by now that the majority of us just want to just kick it, talk about stupid shit, and soak up nostalgia as a form of escape.

I mean, the only reason 1-2 punch has lasted so long is because it takes the bare minimum to keep that league active... you drop a bar, and that's it.

The only way this site will ever be anything other than what it is now, is if it completely reinvents itself to draws in fresh new blood. But as long as an inactive owner is at the helm, you're not gonna see meaningful action take place... if we're being honest.

TLDR: Times have changed; this hasn't.
    Last edited by Celph Taut; May 23rd, 2023 at 11:25 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    It's the same thing that keeps being suggested for the past decade.

It's not so much RB as it is the entire forum platform. It's old - that's the reality.

We're 30/40 year old's with kids, families, mortgages, work, and all that adulting shit.

Like... it's been made PAINFULLY clear by now that the majority of us just want to just kick it, talk about stupid shit, and soak up nostalgia as a form of escape.

I mean, the only reason 1-2 punch has lasted so long is because it takes the bare minimum to keep that league active... you drop a bar, and that's it.

The only way this site will ever be anything other than what it is now, is if it completely reinvents itself to draws in fresh new blood. But as long as an inactive owner is at the helm, you're not gonna see meaningful action take place... if we're being honest.

TLDR: Times have changed; this hasn't.
    exactly, i feel like for most of us. . the forums have outlived their usefulness . . . but its just fun to revisit old friends and old times

i am 45 now. I first joined RB when i was 35. never thought writing verses to kill time at work would turn into a decade long affair lol . . it was a good run. . . met a lot of cool peeps

accomplished more then i knew i was even capable of.

I wanted to change the platform many times, there's one side that still had hope that forums can still be a thing, and the other side you can't even get ahold of, and the other side being the community that will not react well to change even if it's good for them. there is forums out there that are still active, like car and mechanic type forums and shit like that, but this niche is dead as it is even as an art in general.
    Last edited by 3viction; May 24th, 2023 at 01:03 AM

Battle Record
    3-1

all the gun, fishing, car, and RC hobby forums i post on get tons of traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Nohbody View Post
    all the gun, fishing, car, and RC hobby forums i post on get tons of traffic
    yea forums ain't the problem, the problem is the niche, also you have to be willing to spend money on promotion, or you are stuck with the same shit bags we known for 20 years.

the body building forums was crazy active last time I was there, not sure about now, you had celebrities posting there and shit. lars sulivan from wrestling said some racist shit there and got fired for it, the place was a haven for trolls like that.
    Last edited by 3viction; May 24th, 2023 at 10:51 PM