User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: FL Key Tourney finals:grimmzreaper vs basic m

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

FL Key Tourney finals:grimmzreaper vs basic m

RULES

Verses due Monday by midnight PST
    Winner is FL Champ

1st rnd 4 bars min 5 bars max
    2nd rnd 5 bars min 6 bars max
    final round is max 20 bars

@GrimmZReaper
    @Basic M

Battle Record
    0-2
    Awards FL Champion

Re: FL Key Tourney finals:grimmzreaper vs basic m

@GrimmZReaper my 20 is done

You've Earned a Custom Title! GrimmZReaper's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-5
    Awards FL Tournament Winner FL Champion

Nice shit.... I'll have shit done by Tommorow afternoon..
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until Boyznblack has fucked your moms

Battle Record
    0-2
    Awards FL Champion

this dude is the biggest bitch, n he's always on simp shit
    the way he killed fl with pride, i bet he'd want a billboard for winnin the special olympics
    n i feel bad for ya dude, when u drop we know its a spoof
    its funny how u color ur lines n still suck, i know 3rd graders better than u
    these guns hit hard dawg, when i load up it means im preparin to kill'em
    the way this sawed off'll split his face, u'd think his name was either terrance or phillip
    get ready to face the pain, everything this joker writes is lame
    the way spree sent this little man to the king, u'd think my name was lebron james
    ur the biggest faggot alive dude, the league probably surprised u
    i mean the way u ducked letterman, we know u didnt play sports in high school
    n stop frontin like u dont see vets, ur always on some sly shit
    the only time u've got tunnel vision, is when i point this shotgun right in ur eye bitch
    now ur challenging a real threat, n i know u aint ready for the next level
    not only do i have a leg up in this battle, im knocking u out with a booker T special
    n the forum hates this guy, every loss this faggot sits n cries
    the only time u made waves in the league, was when the vets bullied u n u said ur goodbyes
    dont act all cocky as if ur pimpin, ur just a pedo thats on a mission
    the last time he's seen a lotta open vag, was at his daughters cheerleading competition
    u disrespect the board with those drops bitch, so please stop all the nonsense
    those verses r such a slap to the face, u'd think the whole damn site was unconcious

You've Earned a Custom Title! GrimmZReaper's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-5
    Awards FL Tournament Winner FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmZReaper
    02/13/15 on RR

"you've done more than tasted failure....u cuddle with it at nights and EM-BRACE IT/
    take it out on DATES, RAPE IT or at the least try to get to first, second and THIRD BASES"

Quote Originally Posted by Basic M View Post
    08/29/17 vs Authentic

returnin vets r the worst case, n u suck in the worst way
    not only did u meet expectations, u took it out for dinner n made it to 3rd base
    (for the record, I like my version better..... let's go base head......)

This basic run was ya last one, and it's close range…we size em up for the shot
    You jackin’ the name..but u wont see this clown pop up again after windin’ up in a box
    I left some dime thot waitin' so I could type bars, and after this lets make it done
    this the first and last time I walk away from a bad bitch to go bag a basic one
    You must be stoned cunt, …u get a light jab just so we clear I don’t play with infants
    Sit ‘em down, with a left cross that’ll expose this pussy in a basic instinct
    Lesnar instigated this in hopes you’d step it up ..but now u deterring the plot
    That’s a broke nigga logic…u won’t get crack from base by simply stirring the pot
    You practiced hard for this and still goin die, was it really worth the pain it meant though?
    I mean, u jumped through ropes to end up in a church…better than Sherman helmsleys amen intro
    You all hyped for a belt and im on madden keyin this while gettin' some head & yawnin'
    bum ass getting pumped up to get slept on??…u coulda learned THAT making your bed his morning
    You’ll get the Fist clenched or open hand, the *pause* deadly however Grimm use it
    U want that HBK or Chinese love ballad?...either way…that’s some sweet chin music
    After I knife u up, you’ll be a forgotten afterthought and that very time could hear
    You literally go from the Blade to “ whatever happened to……..” like Wesley snipe career
    don't Get outta bounds in ya bars and give a reason for you to get it on the strength
    I’ll put him on his ass..6 feet over a base line, like its 3 niggaz on the bench
    This your wake and you’re only here for dress rehearsal, bitch don’t go improvising
    But if u do, that’s cool…its clear you been suited for death…we don’t even need emphasizing

- - - Updated - - -

that should say " bed this morning"
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until Boyznblack has fucked your moms

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

the way he killed fl with pride, i bet he'd want a billboard for winnin the special olympics

☆☆☆☆☆

the way this sawed off'll split his face, u'd think his name was either terrance or phillip

☆☆☆☆☆

the way spree sent this little man to the king, u'd think my name was lebron james

☆☆☆

☆☆☆☆☆

the only time u've got tunnel vision, is when i point this shotgun right in ur eye bitch

☆☆☆☆☆

not only do i have a leg up in this battle, im knocking u out with a booker T special

☆☆☆☆☆ scissors kick, dope

the only time u made waves in the league, was when the vets bullied u n u said ur goodbyes

☆☆☆☆☆

the last time he's seen a lotta open vag, was at his daughters cheerleading competition

those verses r such a slap to the face, u'd think the whole damn site was unconcious

☆☆☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmZReaper View Post

You jackin’ the name..but u wont see this clown pop up again after windin’ up in a box

☆☆☆☆☆

I left some dime thot waitin' so I could type bars, and after this lets make it done

☆☆☆☆☆

You must be stoned cunt, …u get a light jab just so we clear I don’t play with infants

That’s a broke nigga logic…u won’t get crack from base by simply stirring the pot

☆ i already used a crack/base concept on him

You practiced hard for this and still goin die, was it really worth the pain it meant though?
    I mean, u jumped through ropes to end up in a church…better than Sherman helmsleys amen intro

You all hyped for a belt and im on madden keyin this while gettin' some head & yawnin'
    bum ass getting pumped up to get slept on??…u coulda learned THAT making your bed his morning

You’ll get the Fist clenched or open hand, the *pause* deadly however Grimm use it
    U want that HBK or Chinese love ballad?...either way…that’s some sweet chin music

☆ I just used a chin bar, you flipped my shit twice already and you're calling him a flipper? you still as big a hypocrite as ever

After I knife u up, you’ll be a forgotten afterthought and that very time could hear
    You literally go from the Blade to “ whatever happened to……..” like Wesley snipe career

don't Get outta bounds in ya bars and give a reason for you to get it on the strength
    I’ll put him on his ass..6 feet over a base line, like its 3 niggaz on the bench

This your wake and you’re only here for dress rehearsal, bitch don’t go improvising
    But if u do, that’s cool…its clear you been suited for death…we don’t even need emphasizing

- - - Updated - - -

that should say " bed this morning"

Boyz started off decent but botched the rest of his verse. Basic was consistent with direct bars that had more impact.

v-Basic

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

basic

this could have hit harder bit was decent as is
    Thought this was cool
    kinda played concept but lol was well executed

a couple of meh lines and some other ones that were throwaway bars, but overall a decent verse.

grimz

cool
    diggin it
    this was ok

Wasn't a fan of anything else tbh.

This is close and hard for me to vote on, but I'm going to vote basic based on the fact he was more consistent. I had to base this on the lines I didnt quote, and I felt basic got this.

v/basic

Battle Record
    1-2

Basic
    Opener was alright, could've hit a little harder. Had a few bars here that got a chuckle out of me such as these 2.
    punches where good over all. Good structure. Personally felr like you ended pretty weak though.

Grimmz
    I left some dime thot waitin' so I could type bars, and after this lets make it done
    this the first and last time I walk away from a bad bitch to go bag a basic one
    That shit was pretty funny lol, probably the best bar in your drop in my oppinion was funny and a decent punch. Wasn't feeling you're opener though, probably should've skipped that and started with that bar I quoted. Had some decent punches throughout but not as many funny parts. Structure was decent. Your closing bar was pretty dope in my oppinion. Overall not bad at all.

After consideration and dissection of the bars the winner should be Grimmz by my inspection.

-VOTE
    GrimmZReaper

Battle Record
    64-45
    Awards FL Champion 50+ Wins 25+ Wins

Seeing as this is for all the marbles and I've had time to read some other reviews, as well as solidify my already formulated opinion, I've decided to vote on this battle differently than I would/have with any past battles that I can remember.
    Each battle, depends on punches: that involve wordplay, emotion, and appeal to the reader, whether it be comedic, dramatic or personal. Also tho, battles rely on structure: which involve vocabulary, punctuation and word placement, whether it be smilies/metaphors, flips on phrases, or creative twists on colloquialisms etc etc.
    This go round however, I wish to solely focus on each competitors misses. What most don't realize is that just as hard as a haymaker, or a well constructed Ill concept that's expertly delivered can impact a voter, a poorly conceptualized or misplaced wordplay or punch can have an adversely detrimental affect on a reader's opinion.

These are the lines that stood out to me, in what was an overall well done battle. These lines are what I decided my vote off of and I would recommend to RB that we begin to focus on more of what is done wrong in verses, versus what we perceive as so right or so dope at least in Champ , and Title/tourney matches because in my experience, there have been so many flips and tweaks to the same punches over the years that a well done one, gets more attention than necessary while the misses go mostly uncfontested at times.

So yea....

Basic M

^^im like, ok so if he on some simple shit, I see how u comparin that to a special cat in the olympics bein slow/simple etc but where's the setup besides the allusion to the punch. On top of that, this was an extremely dry attempt at a personal speaking to No specifics and not correlating to the olympics or your opponent besides a feeble attachment of the concept that they compete for pride over accolades. This was a hard miss for an opener in tourney competition.

^^Beside the fact that the setup doesn't lend any strength or further understanding of the punch i.e. no clarification of who Terrance and Phillip are, the gun play intensity or the impact of the bar loses sting due to the interior rhyme being lazily delivered. It feels like u wanted so badly to say the punch that everything else besides 'guns' and 'sawed off face' was filler. This is a hard miss after what seemed like a recovery with a decent personal punch.

^^This is a critical miss mid verse, that stunted your momentum to the degree I felt you never recovered. Again, it's like you wanted to say the punch so badly that you omitted a setup, and a concept, besides calling yourself the King, and having interior rhymes with James as the punch. Really tho, this is not your Caliber of writing basic, no pun intended. Easily the worst bar of the battle. N it's mainly self glory, no real shot at your opponent which makes it worse.

^^ when I said you never recovered, I could've counted myself wrong until you were going in the right direction only to end up dropping a flat line like this. Although the pedo line was a decent setup, you failed miserably to deliver on the open Vag punch with no relation to cheerleading or info on your opponent's 'cockiness' in that regard. Also, the rhyme scheme is forced and doesn't flow into or out of the previous or proceeding lines. Just a filler punch and a bad miss.

Vs

GrimmReapear

^^you were all over the place with this punch, calling him a pussy, like Sharon Stone I think, then talking like he's a kid to you, then tryna make a basic instinct/killer instinct punch based off a one word setup of 'a left cross' ?? Nah bruh, slow it down, u talking sideways with no straight focus, this is not how to connect a punchline but this your second tourney in 2mons n somebody gotta tell you that?? Hard miss here.

^^ to assume to your voters still watch choreographed fights wit men in tights was really your first mistake, but then you automatically assumed the correlation of your poor set up 'goin end up dead' with a perceived understanding that that would a church funeral in your uninspired punch. I don't know Sherman, don't wanna know him and don't care about his intro, but if u gone force some new bullshit down my throat at least make it exciting, comedic, or take a shot directly at your opponent, this was some filler bullshit and a hard full miss.

^^ No but we do need emphasizing. like how is it that you'd use a wake/dres rehearsal to tell this man he's 'suited' for deandath and actually believe that to be a tourney worthy punchline that leaves a lasting andabd. It's your last chance to solidify a victory and you drop this?? Its saying a lot but it's not saying a lot at all. The true definition of a statement is punch .

So yea, I'm tired of talking. I did this much to inspire a full understanding of the way I perceive battles, but now I'm literally tired of texting this shit.
    Decent battle overall really and I would consider it rather exceptional in standard competition just cause bar for bar yall delivered some dope attempts on concepts. I had to mention how the misses stood out tho in crowning a new tournament champion so that in the future we can hopefully avoid this played and or ludicrous shit we pass off as competitive. I as well, could take me own advice.

V/ Grimm aka BoyznBlack for 1 less miss in a close battle that could still go either way. Just depends on if they see how I see.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as this is for all the marbles and I've had time to read some other reviews, as well as solidify my already formulated opinion, I've decided to vote on this battle differently than I would/have with any past battles that I can remember.
    Each battle, depends on punches: that involve wordplay, emotion, and appeal to the reader, whether it be comedic, dramatic or personal. Also tho, battles rely on structure: which involve vocabulary, punctuation and word placement, whether it be smilies/metaphors, flips on phrases, or creative twists on colloquialisms etc etc.
    This go round however, I wish to solely focus on each competitors misses. What most don't realize is that just as hard as a haymaker, or a well constructed Ill concept that's expertly delivered can impact a voter, a poorly conceptualized or misplaced wordplay or punch can have an adversely detrimental affect on a reader's opinion.

These are the lines that stood out to me, in what was an overall well done battle. These lines are what I decided my vote off of and I would recommend to RB that we begin to focus on more of what is done wrong in verses, versus what we perceive as so right or so dope at least in Champ , and Title/tourney matches because in my experience, there have been so many flips and tweaks to the same punches over the years that a well done one, gets more attention than necessary while the misses go mostly uncfontested at times.

So yea....

Basic M

^^im like, ok so if he on some simple shit, I see how u comparin that to a special cat in the olympics bein slow/simple etc but where's the setup besides the allusion to the punch. On top of that, this was an extremely dry attempt at a personal speaking to No specifics and not correlating to the olympics or your opponent besides a feeble attachment of the concept that they compete for pride over accolades. This was a hard miss for an opener in tourney competition.

^^Beside the fact that the setup doesn't lend any strength or further understanding of the punch i.e. no clarification of who Terrance and Phillip are, the gun play intensity or the impact of the bar loses sting due to the interior rhyme being lazily delivered. It feels like u wanted so badly to say the punch that everything else besides 'guns' and 'sawed off face' was filler. This is a hard miss after what seemed like a recovery with a decent personal punch.

^^This is a critical miss mid verse, that stunted your momentum to the degree I felt you never recovered. Again, it's like you wanted to say the punch so badly that you omitted a setup, and a concept, besides calling yourself the King, and having interior rhymes with James as the punch. Really tho, this is not your Caliber of writing basic, no pun intended. Easily the worst bar of the battle. N it's mainly self glory, no real shot at your opponent which makes it worse.

^^ when I said you never recovered, I could've counted myself wrong until you were going in the right direction only to end up dropping a flat line like this. Although the pedo line was a decent setup, you failed miserably to deliver on the open Vag punch with no relation to cheerleading or info on your opponent's 'cockiness' in that regard. Also, the rhyme scheme is forced and doesn't flow into or out of the previous or proceeding lines. Just a filler punch and a bad miss.

Vs

GrimmReapear

^^you were all over the place with this punch, calling him a pussy, like Sharon Stone I think, then talking like he's a kid to you, then tryna make a basic instinct/killer instinct punch based off a one word setup of 'a left cross' ?? Nah bruh, slow it down, u talking sideways with no straight focus, this is not how to connect a punchline but this your second tourney in 2mons n somebody gotta tell you that?? Hard miss here.

^^ to assume to your voters still watch choreographed fights wit men in tights was really your first mistake, but then you automatically assumed the correlation of your poor set up 'goin end up dead' with a perceived understanding that that would a church funeral in your uninspired punch. I don't know Sherman, don't wanna know him and don't care about his intro, but if u gone force some new bullshit down my throat at least make it exciting, comedic, or take a shot directly at your opponent, this was some filler bullshit and a hard full miss.

^^ No but we do need emphasizing. like how is it that you'd use a wake/dres rehearsal to tell this man he's 'suited' for deandath and actually believe that to be a tourney worthy punchline that leaves a lasting andabd. It's your last chance to solidify a victory and you drop this?? Its saying a lot but it's not saying a lot at all. The true definition of a statement is punch .

So yea, I'm tired of talking. I did this much to inspire a full understanding of the way I perceive battles, but now I'm literally tired of texting this shit.
    Decent battle overall really and I would consider it rather exceptional in standard competition just cause bar for bar yall delivered some dope attempts on concepts. I had to mention how the misses stood out tho in crowning a new tournament champion so that in the future we can hopefully avoid this played and or ludicrous shit we pass off as competitive. I as well, could take me own advice.

V/ Grimm aka BoyznBlack for 1 less miss in a close battle that could still go either way. Just depends on if they see how I see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !
    a
    N keep
    ;stay
    -
    raisn
    !

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

@Bomb Bard @Cajetan @Allen Knight @Dia @Enbombz could yall drop a vote on this so I can get champ and contender matches up

- - - Updated - - -
    @Bomb Bard @Cajetan @Allen Knight @Dia @Enbombz could yall drop a vote on this so I can get champ and contender matches up

- - - Updated - - -

2-2

Battle Record
    1-0

Wording killed a decent concept
    Nice
    mediocre, maybe could've work with better wording
    OK
    Personal, but played
    OK
    lol dope
    Old concept
    Wtf? No
    Decent closer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmZReaper View Post
    No bruh, his delivery of that concept was waaay better bruh.

Good opener
    Predictable, but effective
    Bad wording to a good concept
    Decent
    Mediocre, horrrible wording
    Really old concept
    lol no boy, no this is VERY corny
    Again with the corny metaphors
    Decent
    Weak closer
    Overall BASIC M got this somewhat comfortably, due to Grim longwinded, often corny wording & metaphors. Cliches and goofy 'turn-a-phrase' bars then to be super played.

Battle Record
    86-54

No free posting @Bomb Bard jus drop a vote

Battle Record
    25-16
    Awards Key Tourney Champion FL Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion

this was cool
    nice
    Nice
    Nah. basic trash
    Played concept
    this is cool. Feel like its played
    Dope...Seen this concept recently a different wat tho
    Worded terrible...could have been dope
    Nah man
    not feelin this either

vs

02/13/15 on RR

"you've done more than tasted failure....u cuddle with it at nights and EM-BRACE IT/
    take it out on DATES, RAPE IT or at the least try to get to first, second and THIRD BASES"

08/29/17 vs Authentic

returnin vets r the worst case, n u suck in the worst way
    not only did u meet expectations, u took it out for dinner n made it to 3rd base

Decent Opener
    Cool play..the set up was gay tho
    Nah
    Dope
    Wording was brutal here.... Light bar
    Wording again killed this bar. Thought the concept was dope
    Miss....wasnt feeling this at all
    Nah
    Liked this
    This was alright. not heat tho

This battle was one sided IMO. Grimm had some cool concepts that were killed by poor wording and some misses that were either played or just dumb. Basic had some decent bars and some played misses but He connected more here than grimm.

V/Basic

Battle Record
    0-2
    Awards FL Champion

Battle Record
    86-54