User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 109

Thread: Paze gets exposed

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: Monitors & headset help

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    All that said, yet you argue with engineers about engineering. That's the whole point. You never know what you're talking about yet you argue with people that know the shit they're saying like second nature. Every post you make is full of misinformation. I never believe anything you say because you say false shit about a craft that you know very little about. And when I make corrections you claim to have already known and move on to say more misinformed shit.

I mean, you're supposedly getting your Pro Tools Certification, yet you don't even know the difference in the 2 certifications. You think that the Music Production certification is for what you consider production, which is actually music PRE-PRODUCTION. And you think the Audio Post Production certification is for what you consider music post production, which is actually music production. The difference in the 2 certifications is that MUSIC production is for MUSIC, and Audio Post Production is for FILM. Audio Post Production is what the film post production process is referred to by everyone in the entertainment industry. You can't even call yourself a producer and not know that information (but I'm sure you'll claim that you suddenly do know after you've already proven that you don't).

That shit is the very first thing they teach you in the Pro Tools certification course. And every Pro Tools course curriculum is laid out by DigiDesign and taught by certified Pro Tools Experts (what they call their instructors), so you can't even pretend that your class is different. I've been thru the whole program. It didn't take anywhere near a year, let alone at least 2 like you claim. It doesn't even make sense that it would take more than several months, since Pro Tools certifications are for specific versions of the program. You don't get "Pro Tools Certified" you get "Pro Tools HD 7.4 Certified" or "Pro Tools HD 8 Certified" etc. If you're Pro Tools 6.9 certified, Digidesign doesn't even see you as a certified operator for Pro Tools 7. If the course lasted 2 years you would be learning several different versions of the program.

Also, your mixes are no where near ready for the mastering process. I guarantee you're talking about the mixing process. You don't even know the difference between a record engineer, mix engineer, and mastering engineer. songs get mastered at a mastering house by a mastering engineer after they're recorded in a production studio by a record engineer and mixed by a mix engineer.

So you're right. I don't believe the shit you say because it's BS. The biggest thing I don't believe is that someone could be such a clown act. I can go on and on about your BS. From claiming to be a producer yet having no clue about basic production shit to claiming to put in work with artists in "the second best studio in Scotland" and get sales for your phat beats yet you have hardly any money to invest in your own craft. The reason I can afford to put the proper amount of money into my trade is because I'm ACTUALLY semi-successful at what I do. You can actually take a lesson from what I do. I can school you for days about the trade that you think you know how to do. So I'll "claim" to have nice gear which people on this site has seen, and you can claim to be a producer, engineer, musician... whatever you want. The difference is that I'm actually an engineer and a producer where you just play one on the internet.

You wonder why no one on this site actually worth working with fucks with you at all. Real people who are actually good at what they do can spot a pretender with ease. Real recognizes real and you don't look familiar to anybody here.
    Im doing music > film cause I dont wanna do film. The shit Ive been learning is just how to use Pro Tools and techniques. Theres also been a bit of actual audio theory in it.
    My college course gives me a degree. My country will fully fund 4 Pro Tools exams with 6 months apart - thats how it takes 2 years. I did 3 last year and Im doing 1 this year. It was on ver 7.3 before, Im doing 7.4 for my 210 as I now have the 7.4 book and Im guessing if I do any more itll be version 8. So I know you can go up to the next version even if your last exam was the previous
    Im working towards a degree in creative sound production - which is HOW TO PRODUCE... not how to engineer - though they cover some basics which youll probably say I dont have before you jump in there). The pro Tools units are pretty important for when I switch universities next year but I just learn the stuff, try it out and go in and do the exam. It isnt exactly hard. Im doing my 210 tomorrow. The poeple who teach me have only done upto 210- aparty from 1 guy who has went the whole way and Im positive he did Icon mixing techiques as his final. He has to go somewhere abroad to do that. Im not a great Pro Tools user so when I need to dish out my own cash on it Ill actually take it into consideration - instead of just doing it cause its easy and close to free.

Ive sat in on chow mastering where *taking Kris's advice here* album was being mastered. I was only there for one day but it was after almost a week of mixing at Castle Sound. I was basically put in the whole project to re-arrange stuff and I managed to write half a song (hello PRS money!).
    Im gaining success. Im successful at getting a placement with guys who've went platinum. I was in the studio with them for a week or so and we made some good material. Their regular producers were there too and Im listed as both one of the producers and co-producer for the album.

I dont do what you do. You claim to be an engineer (and producer as you say) and I claim to be a producer. When Im in the studio with ane engineer Im not gonna say "use these headphones, theyre better"... Im gonna be a producer and allow the man to do his job. I can direct him into doing what I want in the mix but he's incharge of selecting how to engineer - because hes an engineer. Whats happened here is youve said "get these headphones". Ive said "I have those and these other ones. I prefer the other ones because...". Youve said "theyre not upto professional performance. theyre consumer headphones". Ive said "I like them for headphones to mix with. Theyre by a project studio company and they help me get my mixes upto scratch. I realise theyre not the best but I still dont like the Sonys - I dont fee you can mix the bass well at all on them" and youve said "youre trying to be an engineer and you think you are but youre not because..."
    Im trying to advise him on my opinion. Im not saying mine > yours even though youre saying that to me - and rightfully so if youre an engineer. Its just how you addressed it. I never once said you were wrong about the Sonys. I kept it all down to opinion. Its just cause everyone on RB thinks youre always right about these things even though kris is also "always right" and you guys argue on some stuff without anyone saying either of you is right.

I am a producer. I have production credits where it matters. Ill probably make the most money out of their tour - which I will put into my education for next year. The money that theyve given to me - Ive spent a small amount on improving some stuff in my home project studio and Ive put some of that away for further help in music too. The album release should be in January as the tour in a Feb. Thats where my name is, thats what Ive worked on and thats my evidence that my credits > yours. I will take that back if you can name any person whose sold as much as these guys who has personally contacted you or your manager to have you partly produce their album.

Enjoying engineering for yourself.
    Last edited by Paze; November 13th, 2008 at 03:32 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

Y Do You Waste Your Time Opey?
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Word... Paze has production credits on a platinum album.

*DEAD*

How do you argue with such a blatant lie??

Battle Record
    3-2

Paze really did though... he "polished the knobs" in the studio for them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    Word... Paze has production credits on a platinum album.

*DEAD*

How do you argue with such a blatant lie??
    I never said that. You cant read man...

I have production credits on an album made by people who have a platinum album

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Which means that their next album should at least go close to platinum.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    I never said that. You cant read man...

I have production credits on an album made by people who have a platinum album
    rock? rap? what?

im assuming rock, cuz i couldnt see a album going plat in scotland that is rap.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

punk rock.

they're like a punk rock / hip hop crossover.

I already emailed them to see how legit Paze is.

We'll finally get to find out whether Paze is just a stone cold idiot or an idiot AND a liar. I've suspected both.
    Last edited by Opie M.; November 13th, 2008 at 03:04 PM

Battle Record
    3-2

Theyre experimental. It doesnt matter what genre they are - they sell records. Theyre not from Scotland either

Lowkey manages their myspace but probably wont reply if you emailed them on there. Or did you use their google email?

Battle Record
    5-3

Theyre experimental. It doesnt matter what genre they are - they sell records. Theyre not from Scotland either
    so what makes you think your credentials are exceeding other people on here?

you ever think that we just don't talk shop on RB?
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    so what makes you think your credentials are exceeding other people on here?

you ever think that we just don't talk shop on RB?
    I know you do. You say stuff like "I wroter this song for so and so BUT just as soon as she was about to record they said it wasnt commercial enough and didnt fit the album so I just did this with it"

EDIT - I stopped using rb for a couple of weeks there and I dunno why but every single thing I post both of you are in my face about something so instead of spending 10mins per post explaining myself I think Ill just fuck off. Every piece of advice I try to offer someone you just in and overwrite it your your own whatever - bumming eacother along the way
    Last edited by Paze; November 13th, 2008 at 03:24 PM

Battle Record
    5-3

I know you do. You say stuff like "I wroter this song for so and so BUT just as soon as she was about to record they said it wasnt commercial enough and didnt fit the album so I just did this with it"
    when have i said that? lmao.

If your talking about the RnB songs i posted a while back... that "Talk To Me" song, and "Owee"... I didn't write those songs. Some writers in Atlanta wrote them, a group of 2 sisters. I produced the songs, and recorded them.

They were written for Brandy, but she passed. Chante Moore passed too.

and talking shop isn't talking about placements that didn't go through. I could talk to you all day about placements that didn't go through or that were passed on.

The point is..
    I don't put my shit in other people's face and say "my credits > yours"...
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    when have i said that? lmao.

If your talking about the RnB songs i posted a while back... that "Talk To Me" song, and "Owee"... I didn't write those songs. Some writers in Atlanta wrote them, a group of 2 sisters. I produced the songs, and recorded them.

They were written for Brandy, but she passed. Chante Moore passed too.

and talking shop isn't talking about placements that didn't go through. I could talk to you all day about placements that didn't go through or that were passed on.

The point is..
    I don't put my shit in other people's face and say "my credits > yours"...
    I wouldnt hjave evn mentioned it unless he said something along the lines of "youre going nowhere as a producer"
    I wasnt supposed to tell anyone about the album anyway

and another edit - I used to enjoy rb and stuff, you guys used to offer me some help but now Im trying to pass on what little knowledge I have. So rb has basically become the official Paze argue to defend forum
    Last edited by Paze; November 13th, 2008 at 03:29 PM

Battle Record
    5-3

I wouldnt hjave evn mentioned it unless he said something along the lines of "youre going nowhere as a producer"
    I wasnt supposed to tell anyone about the album anyway
    i dont even talk shop when cornered, or confronted. Lord knows how many times i been confronted on RB alone, by people like Kleetus, or Ed Casey about "being fake"... lol.

It's unproffesional to talk about business like that. If I was in your shoes, I would have been like... "ok, whatever"... then when the album dropped i would be promoting the fuck outta it.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

EDIT - I stopped using rb for a couple of weeks there and I dunno why but every single thing I post both of you are in my face about something so instead of spending 10mins per post explaining myself I think Ill just fuck off. Every piece of advice I try to offer someone you just in and overwrite it your your own whatever - bumming eacother along the way
    You don't know why?? Because you give bad advice. That's why. You already acknowledged that you're not an engineer. So yes... just fuck off. I'm tired of arguing with a nitwit while I'm trying to give someone GOOD advice about shit that I'm actually GOOD at.

You on the other had just want an opinion for the sake of having one. Your opinion is useless when it has to be corrected and argued with for pages just so people don't take bad advice from someone who has no credentials and just wants to seem knowledgeable about shit that he has no experience in.

Let me put it this way. If a platinum selling artist let you oversee their mix and produce their album then they're as retarded as you are. I can't even comprehend a label allowing them to make such an unprofessional decision.