User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 109

Thread: Paze gets exposed

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: Monitors & headset help

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    lmao @ picking the M-Audios even tho they're uncomfortable. What else do you want in recording headphones besides comfort and no leakage?

You're stuck on "accuracy" when no pair of headphones are accurate. So you're comparing different levels of crap. No one cares.
    They get uncomfortable after about an hour or use... then I need to take em off for a lil while. And the Sonys are weak in the low end so if hes just using the headphones he'll end up boosting 30-100Hz because the Sonys are telling him it isnt loud enough when it is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Zed 2020 View Post
    Paze is scottish give em a break ;0

(btw Paze we finished our album it has 11 tracks, we're selling it for 2 pnds it looks like this:

you want a copy?)
    2quid shipped?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    the Rode NTK isn't "far off" from sounding as good as the Nuemann U87... i also read that in some reviews. So... hmmm.

How are you going to tell someone "go out and try this and that before you trust anybody else's opinion"... but then admit that you made your opinion based off of reviewers opinions in magazines?

and there are alot more models of M Audio headphones that sound shitty than there are Grado headphones.

but let's not get into that argument. Since you think your right and I think I'm right, it would never end, and would only result in more bad feelings.
    I had that opnion of the Rode too.

Nononono. Can you read Kris? I said I read magazines' reviews after buying them. So I went and tried them, took my Sonys and made a judgement. About a month ago I read a review in SOS. Last week I read a comparison in EQ and the M-Audios came out top.

and Im pretty sure M-Audio only make 1 model of headphones. Ive only tried the Q40s so I couldnt possibly comment on any other models - just like you shouldnt say Sonys > M-Audios without trying them.

Battle Record
    6-0

Alright, Kris and Ope might exile me for this shit but....

there is a possibility of sounding good on a lesser mic if you know how to work the rest of the music making experiance...IE mixing etc

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Alright, Kris and Ope might exile me for this shit but....

there is a possibility of sounding good on a lesser mic if you know how to work the rest of the music making experiance...IE mixing etc
    sure if a sucky engineer gets on expensive shit, it will sound like shit. period.

but if a great engineer gets on midgrade shit, it will sound good... BUT... if a good engineer gets on expensive dope gear, it will sound GREAT

and Paze, you missed my point about the rode shit.
    There are a bunch of review magazines and shit that have compared the Rode mics to nuemann mics. They constantly hype them up as "as good as the nuemann", etc... but Rode mics simply DO NOT sound as good as a u87. PERIOD. If that was the case the Rode NTK would be the new industry standard right now.

The same goes for the argument of the M Audio's vs the Sonys... the Sony's are industry standard gear for a reason. They are consistently great sounding and reliable, and most importantly in the headphone world... comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. They don't have to have perfect "accuracy" across the spectrum... there is actually NO SUCH THING when it comes to headphones. You say they have a weak low end... maybe your M Audio's just have a hyped low end... ever think of that? Wouldnt be far fetched considering M Audio is pretty much "prosumer" gear. Maybe your under mixing the bass levels in your tracks. Regardless, there is no perfect set of headphones. My Sennheisers have a weak low end, but they have a much wider frequency response than most headphones available. That's cuz there reference headphones and not studio headphones. I use them for what they are meant to be used for if i have to do a quick mix on them.
    I reference constantly...
    They may have a "weak low end", but i guarantee you they still sound better than some M Audio headphones.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    They get uncomfortable after about an hour or use... then I need to take em off for a lil while. And the Sonys are weak in the low end so if hes just using the headphones he'll end up boosting 30-100Hz because the Sonys are telling him it isnt loud enough when it is
    discomfort after an hour is NOT good.

And the Sony's have the opposite problem. They're bass heavy so mixes come out a little thin with a little too much highs.

Battle Record
    3-2

And the Sony's have the opposite problem. They're bass heavy so mixes come out a little thin with a little too much highs.
    The Sonys I have (7506s) have a weaker bass than the M-Audios. They oly catch the highs of a sub (55Hz+).
    The M-Audios give a little more bass than any of my monitors but thats because they go right down to 20Hz so I use my headphones as a reference every time I tweak the EQ - mainly in bass and even rythm guitar parts... then I normally switch to my Yamahas to check if I can hear the bass on them. I realise the highs are slightly more boosted on my M-Audios than my Sonys but thats because the Sonys dull the signal down at the upper end of a typical hi-hat's range. Thats probably why I find them less reliable
    Its about using what youve got to get an allroud good mix... and you can use whatever you want. No studio Ive ever seen has 1 pair of midfields and they only use them because everyone knows how important further references are. I just feel that if Im going into college knowing that I wont have a pair of monitors at my table - I need need to use 1 pair of headphones to do a quick mix then I take my M-Audios. Thats because I know what they do to the signal all-round and its a better reproduction of the signal than the Sonys.

Battle Record
    3-2

The sonys seem to dull around 13kHz. I dont like that about them
    If Ive got 35Hz playing in my ear constantly and pretty loud Im sure any headphones would become uncomfortable after an hour or so

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

The Sonys I have (7506s) have a weaker bass than the M-Audios. They oly catch the highs of a sub (55Hz+).
    The M-Audios give a little more bass than any of my monitors but thats because they go right down to 20Hz so I use my headphones as a reference every time I tweak the EQ - mainly in bass and even rythm guitar parts... then I normally switch to my Yamahas to check if I can hear the bass on them. I realise the highs are slightly more boosted on my M-Audios than my Sonys but thats because the Sonys dull the signal down at the upper end of a typical hi-hat's range. Thats probably why I find them less reliable
    Its about using what youve got to get an allroud good mix... and you can use whatever you want. No studio Ive ever seen has 1 pair of midfields and they only use them because everyone knows how important further references are. I just feel that if Im going into college knowing that I wont have a pair of monitors at my table - I need need to use 1 pair of headphones to do a quick mix then I take my M-Audios. Thats because I know what they do to the signal all-round and its a better reproduction of the signal than the Sonys.
    The Sony's aren't "dulling" anything. and they're not weak in the lows. The M-Audio's obviously color the signal more than the Sony's. The speakers aren't dull.. the mix is dull. There IS a little dip in the highs, but not in the lo's. the sony's low end goes all the way down to 10Hz.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

The sonys seem to dull around 13kHz. I dont like that about them
    If Ive got 35Hz playing in my ear constantly and pretty loud Im sure any headphones would become uncomfortable after an hour or so
    You're talking about ear fatigue, which shouldn't be happening after an hour. Turn the music down. mixing is more accurate at lower volumes. There's no reason to blast your ear drums out.

Battle Record
    3-2

I have small ears

and the Sonys defenetly have less lows than most of the references I use. They seem to not pick up the subs ato the same extent as any of my other references (other than my Yamahas... that would be taking the piss)

Battle Record
    3-2

You're talking about ear fatigue, which shouldn't be happening after an hour. Turn the music down. mixing is more accurate at lower volumes. There's no reason to blast your ear drums out.
    Wtf? In a sense yes, but in another sense. Louder = flatter frequencies
    I put myself in the shows of the target audience so if its metal - which Im doing a lot of its loud when Im mixing it. If its pop or anything quite light or acoustic I keep it reasonabley low in the headphones

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

nope. try again.

Battle Record
    5-3

lol@Louder = flatter...

*SMH*

and how is the M Audio one of the "flattest" headphones out when it's obviously coloring THE SHIT out of what your hearing. WIth boosted highs, and boosted lows...
    they may make shit SOUND BETTER than the Sony's but they are definetly not better for mixing.

No headphone set is going to be able to accurately pick up a sub bass. If it is... then its obviously a hyped low end. Like i said.

and the Sony's sound dull "around 13khz" in comparison to M Audio cuz the Sony's are giving you a more balanced listening experience. Hence them being professional audio headphones, and not prosumer headphones.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

"Louder = flatter frequencies"

*dead*