Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 109

Thread: Paze gets exposed

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: Monitors & headset help

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Exactly what Ope said

I remember when I got my M-Audios over the Sonys everyone was like KRIS TOLD YOU NOT TO GET THEM, YOUR A FUCKING FALIURE WASTING MONEY. What do I read a couple months later? Best headphones out in the price range - and Ive also heard theyre just about the flattest. People need to try shit and have an opnion
    and my opnion is M-Audios are great for the price. Watch your leaddoesnt break though - $30 to replace cop em though
    what the fuck did my name have to be brought up for...

it's my opinion that the Sony's shit on the M Audio's... but since your opinion matches up with something you read then, your opinion is the rock solid fact, and i was wrong?

blah
    can you see why i stopped even fuckin commenting and helping people in this forum now?
    the fact is you were gonna get the M Audios no matter what anyone said, cuz you had it set in your mind that you were right... before you even asked our opinions here.

as usual with you, which is why i stopped communicating with you PERIOD.
    You don't want help, you wanna have "knowledge battles"... and competitions in "who knows what about what"
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    12-1

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkie Lover
    an SSL console.
    Jesus Christ.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    what the fuck did my name have to be brought up for...

it's my opinion that the Sony's shit on the M Audio's... but since your opinion matches up with something you read then, your opinion is the rock solid fact, and i was wrong?

blah
    can you see why i stopped even fuckin commenting and helping people in this forum now?
    the fact is you were gonna get the M Audios no matter what anyone said, cuz you had it set in your mind that you were right... before you even asked our opinions here.

as usual with you, which is why i stopped communicating with you PERIOD.
    You don't want help, you wanna have "knowledge battles"... and competitions in "who knows what about what"
    and how is what he said agreeing with what I said? lol

i was talking about monitors and he's talking about some headphones. this kid is retarded man.

Chris, the Sony 7506's are the industry standard studio headphone. Go with those.

And never listen to anyone telling you that any pair of headphones are "flat" because what they're suggesting is that they're suitable for mixing, which no pair of headphones are... neither are any cheap pairs of monitors. Paze has both... and he thinks he's the shit. #1 rule in audio is never listen to paze.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    You rang?

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    And never listen to anyone telling you that any pair of headphones are "flat" because what they're suggesting is that they're suitable for mixing, which no pair of headphones are... neither are any cheap pairs of monitors.
    I didn't even want to get into that argument. lol.

but a few words from a brother whose main listening tool is a set of cans..
    @Chris,
    it is very possible to create a listenable mix with headphones, but they are no were near the "right tool" for the job. If you do mix with them you have to be fully aware of your weaknesses in using them. Which are many when compared to some good monitors, in a good room. Your main weaknesses will be the misrepresented stereo field, and the frequency dips and boosts... most midgrade studio headphones have poor bass response, and hyped highs.. you have to compensate for that by referencing commercial music constantly and matching your levels with theirs. That's how you can create something aesthetically pleasing with headphones. It takes longer to mix, but you can get decent results.

@Opey
    man im starting to not get RB... on all fronts... all the way rom vidiot stadium to this forum... first they say that NBA Live 08 has better graphics than NBA 2k9, then it's M Audio headphones are better than the industry standard Sony's...

what's next?
    Is there a Behringer mic that is going to be regarded as "flatter" than any Bock Audio mic, or is better cuz it has a wider frequency response than a Royer mic?

Cuz lord knows those M Audio headphones are also better than my Sennheisser HD600's and better than the any model Grado headphone too!
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    12-1

Lol. I'll get the Sony joints and hold off on the monitors.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I didn't even want to get into that argument. lol.

but a few words from a brother whose main listening tool is a set of cans..
    @Chris,
    it is very possible to create a listenable mix with headphones, but they are no were near the "right tool" for the job. If you do mix with them you have to be fully aware of your weaknesses in using them. Which are many when compared to some good monitors, in a good room. Your main weaknesses will be the misrepresented stereo field, and the frequency dips and boosts... most midgrade studio headphones have poor bass response, and hyped highs.. you have to compensate for that by referencing commercial music constantly and matching your levels with theirs. That's how you can create something aesthetically pleasing with headphones. It takes longer to mix, but you can get decent results.

@Opey
    man im starting to not get RB... on all fronts... all the way rom vidiot stadium to this forum... first they say that NBA Live 08 has better graphics than NBA 2k9, then it's M Audio headphones are better than the industry standard Sony's...

what's next?
    Is there a Behringer mic that is going to be regarded as "flatter" than any Bock Audio mic, or is better cuz it has a wider frequency response than a Royer mic?

Cuz lord knows those M Audio headphones are also better than my Sennheisser HD600's and better than the any model Grado headphone too!
    People generally develop opinions just to have them. I try not to let it bother me. The audio shit doesn't bother me anymore. I'm secure in what I know from experience. And what I thought I knew before last year has been greatly reinforced by seeing it in text books and being "taught" the information from industry professionals lol.

I don't think RB has changed as much as it seems. I think we're growing past this site's target market lol. It's not just this site either. I know artists and producers from the net that I used to look up to that I wouldn't even think about working with. And everyoe has ridiculous opinions about shit no matter where you go. Think about politics. No matter what the situation is, there is always about half for and half against. that means at any given time, at least half the people in existence have their head up their ass.

Battle Record
    3-2

The M-Audios have been compared to the Sonys in a lot of magazines Ive read and the m-Audios have came out ontop. Although I dont find them too comfortable I still recommend them because in this case I know Im right

If you want reviews - some with comparisons to the Sonys then just google em and read through. The review I agree with the most was in SoundonSound.
    but go out and try them man... compare things. Never take anyones advice as 100% if you have access to actually go and try the thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

what's next?

I made reference to his budget of not having $350 to spend on Sennheisers. But the M-Audios arent far off the Senns for accuracy (once again - discussed in soundonsound) and some of the Grados sound shitty btw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

lmao @ picking the M-Audios even tho they're uncomfortable. What else do you want in recording headphones besides comfort and no leakage?

You're stuck on "accuracy" when no pair of headphones are accurate. So you're comparing different levels of crap. No one cares.

Battle Record
    12-1

I'm John McCarthy. Opey is George St. Pierre. Paze is BJ Penn.

Lets get it on!!!
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    3-2

Paze ain't BJ Penn... maybe, MAYBE Chris Leben... (a fairly talented hack without the discipline to reach his potential)...

oh snap...

and I'm only playin' with you Paze...

Paze is scottish give em a break ;0

(btw Paze we finished our album it has 11 tracks, we're selling it for 2 pnds it looks like this:

you want a copy?)
    microbandits.com - new track up daily

made by a good friend o' mine

Battle Record
    6-0

you got some of the tracks uploaded? lil snippets or anything?

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    I made reference to his budget of not having $350 to spend on Sennheisers. But the M-Audios arent far off the Senns for accuracy (once again - discussed in soundonsound) and some of the Grados sound shitty btw
    the Rode NTK isn't "far off" from sounding as good as the Nuemann U87... i also read that in some reviews. So... hmmm.

How are you going to tell someone "go out and try this and that before you trust anybody else's opinion"... but then admit that you made your opinion based off of reviewers opinions in magazines?

and there are alot more models of M Audio headphones that sound shitty than there are Grado headphones.

but let's not get into that argument. Since you think your right and I think I'm right, it would never end, and would only result in more bad feelings.
    Welcome to reality.