Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Dr. Lazer Blast has faith

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Re: Dr. Lazer Blast

Quote Originally Posted by dr lazer blast View Post
    Once again you show off your ignorance. Christianity has facts, as I just displayed, so I have effectively disproved you proposition. As if your minuscule intellect wasn't already depleted from constructing an idiotic response, you continue to embarrass yourself by taking what i say out of context. I never said the history I stated was proof for God, I merely stated historical facts. Judging from your posts it's no wonder you fail epically at history, logic, and basic reading comprehension.
    He got you there, Chris. The ball's in your court.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

I don't know the exact argument but as someone who believes in God, Angles, spirits and an after life or just Christianity in general I would like to say believing in the Bible is kind of a stretch even though I believe in all the previously mentioned things its hard to explain. I just see the bible as a book of rules laid out in a bunch of stories of morality
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

He's saying the FAITH has no facts. of course religions has facts SURROUNDING them. that's historical fact. there's no facts that prove a religion to be true. The presence of historical facts surrounding the origin of a belief doesn't validate the belief itself. There is no way to prove any religion to be true no matter how many historical facts are known about its origin. If you could prove it to be true then it wouldn't be FAITH. it would be FACT. Hence why FAITH can't be proven by FACT.

Battle Record
    12-1

Once again you show off your ignorance. Christianity has facts, as I just displayed, so I have effectively disproved you proposition. As if your minuscule intellect wasn't already depleted from constructing an idiotic response, you continue to embarrass yourself by taking what i say out of context.
    I said faiths aren't facts, by the way, which they by definition aren't. You've already been boddied. Move along now, child.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    He's saying the FAITH has no facts. of course religions has facts SURROUNDING them. that's historical fact. there's no facts that prove a religion to be true. The presence of historical facts surrounding the origin of a belief doesn't validate the belief itself. There is no way to prove any religion to be true no matter how many historical facts are known about its origin. If you could prove it to be true then it wouldn't be FAITH. it would be FACT. Hence why FAITH can't be proven by FACT.
    Listen to a smart Christian.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    I said faiths aren't facts, by the way, which they by definition aren't. You've already been boddied. Move along now, child.
    You can't even construct a coherent point, each time you post you reveal your ignorance more and more with your lack of an intellectual response. Going by your posts you come off as an ignorant, uneducated, poor attempt at pseudo intellectualism. Then, as if you haven't made yourself look stupid enough already, you quote someone elses post and use someone elses points because you don't have the intellectual aptitude to make your own.

Fall back Chris, step your knowledge game up. You're lacking in this department. I've seen better points made on a myspace blog.

Battle Record
    12-1

You've lost. Face it. Lol. Everyone on rb knows I'm smarter than you. Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    going by your posts I am suprised you're taking this sort of position. I know you're defending your friend, but you can do that without taking up his stupid position. Do you honestly believe that faith has no facts?

You've lost. Face it. Lol. Everyone on rb knows I'm smarter than you. Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?
    Smarter than who? you don't even know how to construct a coherent point. You don't even know what logic is, or what a logical fallacy is, The only thing I've lost here is my free time.

I deal with reality, reality is, you don't know how to make a point, construct an argument, or make a logical response to my posts. Reality is your statement here

Everyone on rb knows I'm smarter than you.
    is an untrue statement and an appeal to authority which are both illogical. Reality is your self proclaimed victories are as empty and hollow as your skull.

Battle Record
    12-1

Reality is you haven't combated any arguments, whatsoever. All you've done is reply by questioning my intelligence, because you CANT topple my point. Opey, a Christian, just made the same point, or rather tried to clarify to you what I've been saying all along and you answer the argument with a question. Get real.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

He got you there, Dr Lazer. The balls in your court now.

Battle Record
    12-1

Oh, and you're the one who's brought in the "I'm Smarter" shit, instead of debating the points.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

going by your posts I am suprised you're taking this sort of position. I know you're defending your friend, but you can do that without taking up his stupid position. Do you honestly believe that faith has no facts?
    Facts can help you decide what you put your faith in, but having faith takes place in the absence of facts. If what you to believe is factual then you don't need faith. For instance, hypothetically, it would be possible to prove thru historical facts that Jesus the man existed. That he was a rabbi. That he created a religious movement. That he was crucified for the creation of that movement. And that his body vanished from his tomb. That's all assuming that we found significant Roman records of all these events. This would be historical fact. But it's impossible to conjure up facts to prove that angels moved his tomb door and he awoke from the dead and rose up into the sky when no one was around. This would be purely faith based on the validity that you give the origins of this information.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

I can see now your one of those religious people who are so religious your not even focused on what people are saying, or making a rational argument, while calling other people ignorant. No one ever said within this thread as far as I can see that Religion has no facts, they are just saying religions aren't completely fact based which they aren't, thats why people sometime lose faith or struggle with in during some periods in life. If you go to a church and listen to people testify you'll see people lose faith and have their Faith restored, and the reason they need to have it restored or lose it is because they for one reason or another couldn't believe in anything after facts stop... Believing in God takes faith you can't see him, touch him, talk to him or even prove he exist, there for it takes even more faith to believe he has a son who walked on water. Now if you chose to believe EVERYTHING in the Bible no one is saying you shouldn't I believe in some stuff in the Bible that may not be logical, what we are saying however is you can by no means call them facts because they can not be proven.

I'd like to see you Prove God created the Heaven and the Earth then through the Devil ou of heaven to the pits of hell with just facts.
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is what I am talking about, you can't even construct a coherent point.

I'm saying this do demonstrate an important thing I think we all should understand; None of our "faiths," or whatever you want to call them, are facts.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/faith

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
    2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
    3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
    A faith is a religion idiot. Theres a christian faith, a muslim faith, etc. To say those faiths are not facts is retarded. Christianity is a faith, islam is a faith. Those are facts. You either don't know what the word faith means, or don't know what the word fact means.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact

1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
    2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
    3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
    Christianity exists as a faith. Christianity is a faith millions of people experience and observe everyday. People read bibles, go into church, preach, etc. So the christian faith is a fact.
    If you mean faith as in "a belief without proof" then you are dumber then I thought. None of our faiths are facts? really? NONE? every single scientific theory is an act of faith. Hence #2 on the definition of faith. The atomic bomb started out in faith, then it became a fact. MRI machines started on faith, computers started out on faith, airplanes, cars, etc. These all started out on faith then became fact.

Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about, you have no idea how to construct a coherent sentence that explains what you are saying. I suggest you actually learn the definitions of the words you throw around so loosely, unless you want to get destroyed again.