User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: MPC 2500 vs. ANY software

You've Earned a Custom Title!

MPC 2500 vs. ANY software

one of my boys bought an mpc like 2 years ago, and still cant figure the shit out.....so he brought it to me and is leaving it at my house for a while to figure out for him...
    what he tried to do for 2 years, i figured out the first night..without the manual or nothin...so ive made it a point to go through and do everything possible with it, except for actually sample with it, cuz thats just a tard move when u can chop on the pc...

but anyway...ima skip this bullshit, and get to this:
    wtf is the big deal about an mpc???
    back when i first started makin beats, all i had was Hip-Hop EJay 2....and that shit was WEEEAAAAKKKK....but still, it did just about everything of any importance that the mpc can do...
    so when i sit here and compare it to fruityloops, and acid, and cubase, and reason, and every other beat-making software ive used, the software win in every situation....

ive always been on a softwares better or equal to hardware tip, but never had anything to back it up besides playin around at guitar center...which i know isnt the case when i comes to synthesizers and sound modules, but as for the mpc, its a no-brainer....

so now that ive had this thing in my hands for a few days, im wondering why people spend a down payment on a car for this bullshit....
    is it just because every major producer has one of these sittin on his desk??? or am i over-looking something with it???

cuz right now, im thinkin of talkin my boy into sellin this thing, and coppin a computer with FL7 XXL....and then teaching him how to use that...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

soundbombing

Re: MPC 2500 vs. ANY software

I think for the most part, it's just like you said...kids wanting to have the same gear as these famous producers, thinking it's going to make their beats that much better. It doesn't help either that it's marketed as an "industry standard".
    On the other hand i guess some people just don't like to sit down at a pc to make music.
    Last edited by Cornerstone; May 25th, 2007 at 04:14 PM

You've Earned a Custom Title! Re. Says. P. Says.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

I've been told its a warmth that the mpc has that the programs don't- Mainly the outputs on the MPC. But what I heard could be wrong- Who knows. I figure its what ever works is whats right.

Battle Record
    1-1

I Think The MPC Has A Different Sound Than Software
    Ive Used An MPC Before It Pretty Easy If U Know How To Use It
    But I Just Stick FL And A MPD
    Soundclick.com/flawlesspr0ducti0ns

the sound is a lil different.....with the samples they supply, its a big difference in sound...but nothing a lil mixing with different plug-ins cant hook up...and its also not that big of a difference to go without all the options u got with the software...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It all depends on what you want software or hardware

^^^^i just wanna make beats...i dont care what im using...but rationally, someone making beats, would go with whatever hold the most options....which definitely aint the mpc....youd need to drop anopther 50,000 and add more hardware units to use with ya mpc, to get the options u have with fruityloops alone...

although, this mpc shit, would be great if i was rich...cuz its definitely a fun toy..

Punk Bitch Slapper
    Battle Record
    3-7

how much is an mpc

depends on which one u buy....

MPC 2500 is usually between 2500-3000 brand new...

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

10 years ago... it was amazing. programs took over... THe people who used it... are looked up to... and nobody ever wants to do something all on there own... therefore kids want mpc's.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3

yea, it was cutting edge and big like 20 years ago... alot of people got it and learned it... stuck with it... and got placements, and it became a staple...

people like it because it has a quality about it that software can't match. It's the same thing with microphones. You can record with a MXL, and add plugins, and get it to sound similar to a U87... but you'll never get "THAT" sound with the MXL.

the MPC shot into a hot preamp, and a sound card unit with great convertors is going to trump a in the box kick drum everytime.

Battle Record
    2-3

Only thing I benefit from my MPCs is the fact they make me feel like more of myself went into the music.

The banging, tweaking, sliders and faders all at my fingertips - instead of double clicking and dragging. Takes time, patience, and skill.

But 2 years to learn an MPC, and not even doing it? Tell your man to look into a new career.
    "I never pictured I'd be good at rap, honestly.
    Now I figure I'm too good to rap, modestly."

LM [Ai]

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPxDIGGA View Post
    depends on which one u buy....

MPC 2500 is usually between 2500-3000 brand new...

its 2,000 dollars

I'm getting one so I take my kits to other studio without taking a computer and loading wav files

Battle Record
    2-11

my homie has a Roland mv-8800....its pretty dope...the only problem i have, is getting the loops perfected for each track/instrument...