It crumbled now and fell.
    The boy bowed his head in silence,
    The old man by his side;
    As they walked into the distant moon
    To begin another ride...

~ Costance Sense ~
    Last edited by Constance; November 26th, 2006 at 11:42 PM

Re: Merry Goes Life

I never tripped up once when reading this, you've got a nice rhyme scheme. The metaphor worked well for you, but I can't help thinking it's been done before. Breaking up the stanzas the way you did works well two, showing childhood, adulthood and old age individually, and then put emphasis on that by aligning them differently. All in all, a really good piece.

Banned
    Battle Record
    18-19

thanks for the feed

Banned
    Battle Record
    18-19

uppin please leave feed peoples

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-4

i like this style.. I really haven't been one who was much for poems but your shits pretty hot. Keep up the good work. i'ma be reading more of your stuff
    ThE Mule

"I'm everything.. controversial, underground, gangsta rap slash commercial"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battles that need closed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-1

yo this was very nice...you have a really good rhyme scheme...your vocabulary is excellent too....i couldn't really pick out anything that was forced in this poem but the flow of this piece alone made me want to keep reading it....and you only 15? damn...talented...i also noticed you didn't sway off your topic...good job...keep up the good work....9/10....peace.

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

this was a nice piece here though the fact that you rhyme at the end is coo la nd all. it makes it some what easier for another reader to elaborate i guess.... though to me it just holds a person back from what it could turn out to be in complexity ya know... the vocab was a bit simplistic but it was ok.. th emetaphors were nice... some were kinda iffied but it was still good though try getting more into your piece with emotin and your content try more of a multie metaphor approach and get more metaphorical in some areas that could really tip this piece off ina sense ya know...iight?
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

Banned
    Battle Record
    18-19

bump

Battle Record
    31-11
    Awards 25+ Wins

this was a decent piece, an easy read, the wording was good, the rhyme skeme was basic, the flow was on point, the description and detail were adequate giving some imagery, i really didn't catch any metaphores if there were any, but w/o them this was still a fairly good piece of work, keep it up fam
    Civil Writers

Battle Record
    14-6

Damn Con...you really nailed this one....the flow was on point....ya syallable count was damn near perfect causing this piece to flow as it did..I loved the topic you chose here...and h ow you played it...I could vision a child on a carousel just riding and grinning....then I could picture a older man on a carosuel doing the same thing...I like how you ended it with them going to take another ride as the carosuel of life has ended...and now they go somewhere else for a better and longer ride...overall nice shit...man I knew you was nice wit da poems but not this nice...

Battles I need closed

Open Mic's

L.S.
    N.A.
    M.C.

Banned
    Battle Record
    18-19

thanks fams i appreciate that anlot, feed like that kind've uplift me, I wish this forum was like the om area then I'll be posting ish 24/7

Stephen F. Mayfield Stephen Mayfield's Avatar
    Battle Record
    12-5

flow was amazing, i really enjoyed it......the storytelling was pretty phenonmenal too, good read man...i could actually picture the whole thing as i was reading it.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

to me, poetry is more about feeling than flow. and sometimes when i read some of your lines, it felt like you were just rhyming and it wasn't what you wanted to really say. i think, if it doesn't fit ..and you don't like it, but you really want it to rhyme ..you need to be rewording some shit. you do really good as it is ..your topic was original for me, more of an emotional piece than anything though. i wasn't really imagining anything when i read this except people speaking to each other and horses. so basically, the image here wasn't that well thought up. BUT, if this was meant to be poetic and emotional more than imaganitive, than you did well. keep writing, decent read.

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

Closed.
    AI

“¡Viva la Revolución!”