User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: "A Misguided Youth"

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

"A Misguided Youth"

Im here to post, I run on UK time. Lol.

"A Misguided Youth"

Born to a Jordanian town, that while quaintly profound and not greatly renowned ..
    .. was rich in resolve,
    Ahmed watched as his city evolved.
    Often he’d cast a gaze over the vast array of placid grey ..
    .. building’s that masqueraded, as the al-Ma’ssoum slum he had fast became -
    Accustomed to.
    Before he’d thrust his new, books into, ..
    .. his carry-bag, and began the mile long journey on foot to school.
    Ahmed was an indifferent student,
    Who often would sit alone ..
    .. His playground; The municipal cemetery opposite his home.
    When mother found him kicking stones- “There’s nothing to do,” he would report,
    .. Before she smacked him for scuffing the only shoes we could afford.
    Ahmed hankered purpose,
    His rebellious streak began to surface ..
    .. and he turned juvenile delinquent, with intentions to leave this languid circus.
    His gambit earnest,
    At least up til his arrest where it’s proven -
    An adult Ahmed was influenced by the Salafist-Jihadist Movement.
    Captivated by the stories portrayed, in glorious ways ..
    .. and local mosques, preaching radical Islam to all us who prayed.
    Ahmed left for Kandahar, where he then made a pact ..
    .. with bin Laden. The maniac, offering him a training camp.
    It was here Ahmed changed his name, to one more common to you and me ..
    Calling himself “Abu Musab al-Zarqawi”.
    A name that strikes fear in our hearts to the beat of a taut drum,
    “Abu Musab” meaning “Father of Musab” - His fourth son ..
    .. “al-Zarqawi” because Zarqa’s the city he’s spawned from,
    And from his Training Camp in Herat, his leadership was forth run.
    With the invasion of Iraq,
    And allied tanks roaming forth, in droves and hordes ..
    .. al-Zarqawi chose to pour, his gross support, into igniting “Holy War”.
    The primarial reason Zarqawi was known to state, over tapes …
    .. was that “The great lie known as democracy,” diametrically opposed his faith.
    When his ultimatums weren’t met, he would stick to his word ..
    .. which led most noteably to the cruel be-heading of Nicholas Berg.
    The U.S stripped and searched the Middle East’s continued plight ..
    .. until finally,
    they succeeded in killing him on June the ninth.

A tragic tale of misguided youth, yet those who do not know the past are doomed to repeat it.

Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi
    October 22nd 1967 – June 9th 2006-06-17
    Rest In Peace

Last edited by Baron Mynd; June 19th, 2006 at 12:24 PM

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    they seek him here, they seek him there, yet none can see me, even though I'm everywhere
    Battle Record
    6-0
    His gambit earnest,
    At least up til his arrest where it’s proven -
    An adult Ahmed was influenced by the Salafist-Jihadist Movement.
    Captivated by the stories portrayed, in glorious ways ..
    .. and local mosques, preaching radical Islam to all us who prayed.
    Ahmed left for Kandahar, where he then made a pact ..
    .. with bin Laden. The maniac, offering him a training camp.
    It was here Ahmed changed his name, to one more common to you and me ..
    Calling himself “Abu Musab al-Zarqawi”.
    A name that strikes fear in our hearts to the beat of a taut drum,

woo. hell yeah sum tite ish.f'sho.
    sure like the way you flow your shit..........you come up short a lot of times but this was Nice............topic was flipped well and in depth........shit was smooth to read. shit was graphic.... rhymes was 1....... yeah f'sho rythym was ace......vocab was yeah!

tite joint

stay1

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted
    Cheers bruh!
    I put a lot into this piece, I wanted to show heads im not solely a STORYTELLER. I can go topical too, and I think it was important to do this, because while the younger members may not be fully aware of Zarqawi's past, they're aware of him. I thought this would give them a little insight into his life, he wasnt just suddenly a terrorist- Events in his life made him like that. He did, sadly, become a product of his environment. Its actually quite a tragic tale, and one point worth noting is that when he first came into contact with Osama - he actually REFUSED to be linked with Al-Qaeda. But yeah, im glad you enjoyed this. Booo at more of you not taking the time to respond after the effort I put in ..

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Innovator.
    Battle Record
    1-1
    ^To be honest, this was a story, lol. A magnificent one at that. Well, I do see what you're saying. It was a topical (poetically message fulfilled) with your story telling ability. And you don't need to show heads anything, you're actually one of my favorite writers at the moment and I honestly don't really have any storytellers as my favorites. Anyway, this is one my favorite pieces up to date because I liked how you incorporated a message to the youth, a political statement, the United States' current, and a man's life and made it into a brillantly written piece. I think you're the only person I know who can write a very good story into like 26 lines. I could never do that. My topicals alone exceed more than 20 lines. Shits ridiculous. You made such a hated man look simply confused and forced into an unfortunate lifestyle due to manipulation while being a 'misguided youth'. Your knowledge about things is real cool. Someone from the UK who knows a lot about his surroundings. Anyway, I really thought this was good. very good.
    AI. Legendary.
    19x HOF. Seven Titles. 50.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Cheers Nique, its appreciated.

Where the REAL heads at? This has been slept on horribly. DaMn!

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards OM WOTM SS HOF SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins
    well cam, compared to your last OM, well the last i read a few days ago, this was much better, you can tell you spent the time on it... very descriptive, i like to see something revelvant to the world, yea tight

short reply, but...

...good read
    [youtube]99ns8n2S40g[/youtube]

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-1
    Tight story. I like the concept, and the oepining of the scene is really good. the vocabu;ary was superb as well, with the word usage tying into it and making that camarac-patented flow scheme. which is really dope, buti never really liked how you just switched immediately rhyming.. ah well, maybe i jut read it differently.. anyways, you showed excellent knowledge of the whatever race/ethnicity/culture this was, and that impressed me. the constant refrences/allusions towards these middle eastern places with strange names shows great knowledge, but using them in your rhyme scheme shows mastery of flow. dope piece

hit up "Savior Serum?"
    needs 2000.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion
    very nicely written, just about flawless. i really liked how you bring a point out in the open and drive it into our heads. You wrote this for what seemed to be a reason, and i think that reason deffinatly made it across. It's almost a sad story, but then again it's such a typical one. you turned an every day burden into a beautifully written story. i've never really read your work at all, and i doubt you've read mine, but this was really cool. loved the way you brought it out. flow rocks, vocabulary was nice, you used big AND small words and they all clashed with each other and fit exactly where they were put. Nice ish ..

- B. Nash

Battle Record
    3-4
    GOOD SHYT.. KEEP IT UP.. got me into it..

I Liked It, Except That Damn Al Queada Guy, Aahhhhh
    No Really Though, First Good Thing Ive Read On Here

Battle Record
    11-5
    This should be in legends by now, but thanks - Everyone.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27
    ill reply later with some indepth mate

- Artificial Intelligence

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF
    Damn. I'm not easily impressed.. and this was moving. Well written, your execution of multi's here was flawless as one set of multis blended into the next, and not once was the story/topic sacrificed to keep the rhyming flowing.. not a topic many would venture into.. bravo Cam

HOF for sure..

Battle Record
    0-1
    Quote Originally Posted by X.Cell
    Tight story. I like the concept, and the oepining of the scene is really good. the vocabu;ary was superb as well, with the word usage tying into it and making that camarac-patented flow scheme. which is really dope, buti never really liked how you just switched immediately rhyming.. ah well, maybe i jut read it differently.. anyways, you showed excellent knowledge of the whatever race/ethnicity/culture this was, and that impressed me. the constant refrences/allusions towards these middle eastern places with strange names shows great knowledge, but using them in your rhyme scheme shows mastery of flow. dope piece

hit up "Savior Serum?"

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297939
    needs 2000.

Soule
    I loved this peice. the flow was great. Creativity was welly done. The structre was nice. The wordplay was very mature. the story was great. 9-10. Keep it up Cam.

~Lex