User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Man Throws baby out of car during car chase

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Man Throws baby out of car during car chase

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - A man threw his fiancee's 8-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police after being accused of domestic violence, authorities said. The girl, strapped in a carseat, was unhurt but the man later was fatally injured in a crash.

Dana Bettin, 23, died Sunday, three days after the dramatic highway chase that ended when he crashed his fiancee's car into an unoccupied squad car.

At one point, he slowed down, opened the car door and dropped the baby in the car seat onto the highway, sending it tumbling toward the middle of the roadway.

``As the baby was flying toward me I noticed that she was crying very hard and looked scared,'' Wisconsin State Patrol Sgt. David Catalano said Tuesday on NBC's ``Today'' show, which aired video of the incident.

``Fortunately she was seat-belted into the child seat so that as it slid forward on the highway and then rolled over she escaped without any injuries,'' he said.

Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Pamenter told The Post-Crescent in Appleton that the man at first tried to put the baby out of the car on the shoulder, but the door car was in his way. He eventually pulled back into traffic and pushed the baby out as he was accelerating.

``His car was jerking back and forth,'' Pamenter said. ``I didn't know what he was doing. He seemed to care for the baby.''

``I was pretty certain he wasnt going to stop until he crashed,'' Pamenter said.

The chase continued at speeds up to 100 mph.

The pursuit ended on U.S. 41 when Bettin had a minor collision with a vehicle and then crashed into an unoccupied squad car. The car he was driving rolled over and he was pinned underneath. He died at a hospital in Green Bay.

Catalano spoke to the baby's mother on Monday and said the girl is going fine.

``Her mother is very devastated about everything right now,'' he said. ``It was her fiance involved and she's very upset.''

The MC
    lmao i dont know why its funny^.....maybe its just me but wouldnt that all fit in a comedy movie...well anyways its grimy how he did that -1-

Battle Record
    0-1
    i have a kid of my own and damn, thats fucked up. but good thing the baby was alright.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is gonna win RTM
    Battle Record
    3-2
    damn, i`m just glad the baby isn`t hurt
    All.For.Paper.
    Under The Influence, TBD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Impaired.Minded's Avatar
    ^ really..why would he throw his baby out good thing she wasnt hurt i was laughing when he got injured

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins
    I think he actually might have thrown the baby out to protect it in case he crashed...that or to get the police to stop chasing him
    A few achievements here and there

Battle Record
    33-54
    Quote Originally Posted by Marek
    GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - A man threw his fiancee's 8-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police after being accused of domestic violence, authorities said. The girl, strapped in a carseat, was unhurt but the man later was fatally injured in a crash.

Dana Bettin, 23, died Sunday, three days after the dramatic highway chase that ended when he crashed his fiancee's car into an unoccupied squad car.

At one point, he slowed down, opened the car door and dropped the baby in the car seat onto the highway, sending it tumbling toward the middle of the roadway.

``As the baby was flying toward me I noticed that she was crying very hard and looked scared,'' Wisconsin State Patrol Sgt. David Catalano said Tuesday on NBC's ``Today'' show, which aired video of the incident.

``Fortunately she was seat-belted into the child seat so that as it slid forward on the highway and then rolled over she escaped without any injuries,'' he said.

Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Pamenter told The Post-Crescent in Appleton that the man at first tried to put the baby out of the car on the shoulder, but the door car was in his way. He eventually pulled back into traffic and pushed the baby out as he was accelerating.

``His car was jerking back and forth,'' Pamenter said. ``I didn't know what he was doing. He seemed to care for the baby.''

``I was pretty certain he wasnt going to stop until he crashed,'' Pamenter said.

The chase continued at speeds up to 100 mph.

The pursuit ended on U.S. 41 when Bettin had a minor collision with a vehicle and then crashed into an unoccupied squad car. The car he was driving rolled over and he was pinned underneath. He died at a hospital in Green Bay.

Catalano spoke to the baby's mother on Monday and said the girl is going fine.

``Her mother is very devastated about everything right now,'' he said. ``It was her fiance involved and she's very upset.''
    that shits funny

i would also becrying an dscared if i was thrown from a car
    .. im back

Battle Record
    104-7
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins
    yeah i fuckin hate retards like that

Battle Record
    22-7
    yea, i saw this on the news a few days back, people are insane and sick.
    Artificial Intelligence

Speech is my Hammer Hail the Vibe's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-14
    Poor baby. I'm glad it's not hurt. Word @ lyrics, but I dunno.

Battle Record
    16-3
    yeah that would so suck...
    MondoThugs.

Meta. Convicts

Battle Record
    5-2
    Lmfoa

its funny cuz the baby wasnt hurt.
    "And I feel like an idiot working my day
    around a call but when I pick up I don't know what to say"